Anyone up for a fush, in Wellington

Page  123 379>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone up for a fush, in Wellington
    Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 3:18pm
mole View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Any one keen for a afterwork fish Monday nite , as im lazy will likly go around Evans bay, and see if any early Snapper are about.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiwicaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 7:55pm
Kiwicaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Flick me a pm with your intended spot Mole 
A recent survey has revealed that only one in seven dwarfs are happy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote BigDaveTops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 12:52pm
BigDaveTops View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Would be keen but cant manage tonight.
Trie off Halswell a week or so, no sign of snapper but plenty of Reddies and spun up a 2 or 3 kahawai.

Shot round the rocks at Titahi on sat morn (got beaten up by the wind) but managed a trev, couple of blue cod and extracted a couple of kahawai from a work-up.

Let us know how you get on....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiwicaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 7:43pm
Platinum
Platinum

I got into wellington but had to turn back when my works alarm monitoring people rang me as the shop alarm was going off ( dont know why it went off...)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 9:58am
mole View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yep it looks as the fishing gods did nae want to be kind, didnt get out either. tonite hopefully
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote my_cat_loves_spotties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 10:25am
my_cat_loves_spotties View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good luck, let us know how you get on!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BigDaveTops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 4:14pm
Bronze
Bronze

Did you get out?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 8:01pm
mole View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yeah tues and wensday, not alot to show for it tho, 2 small trevs a kahwhy and a hord of spottys.
away this weekend but will be out and about again next week.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BigDaveTops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 8:45pm
Bronze
Bronze

Evans Bay?

Weather has turned to poop, but looking up a little for the weekend.
Planning to hit the south coast either sat afternoon/eve or sunday morning.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BigDaveTops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 9:36am
Bronze
Bronze

anyone giving it a nudge this weekend?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiwicaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 10:11am
Platinum
Platinum

Thinking of heading out but it looks fairly crap on the coasts .Might go for a play in the harbour .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BigDaveTops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 11:57am
Bronze
Bronze

I think the wind is settling down tomorrow morning. But will probably still be a bit messy. Am tempted to try wainoui beach firts ting tomorrow, not such a big drive. Either that or play safe in the harbour.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiwicaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 5:16pm
Platinum
Platinum

The harbour was a bit of a mess .I eventually found a relativity calm spot to hide from the wind .

Not a lot of fish around but caught a pair of kahawai on the spin rod plus a skate and a conger on the surf rod

Wainui could be fun if the swell/wind abates a bit .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wgtnsurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 10:56am
Wgtnsurf View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I can't find any good spots in the Harbour apart from Eastborne but that tends to just produce Kahawai, the rest of the harbour tends to be far too shallow. Any hints on where to go?  still don't know when I am going to be abel to get out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiwicaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 5:34pm
Platinum
Platinum

Eastbourne is as shallow or shallower then the rest of the harbour .
Evens bay is worth looking at most of the time .
The harbour produce some good fish but can also be a desert some daysDead
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 7:02pm
Ces View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

i havent been out for ages, i might do a quick gear check tonite and see i can go out during the week; probably greta point, has anyone been there lately?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BigDaveTops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 8:00am
Bronze
Bronze

I got out to Wainoui beach first thing Sunday morning. Got a few decent Kahawai, some cloudy bay cod (a first for me) and a couple of conger eels. The swell had settled down but the water was still a little murky.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiwicaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 6:03pm
Platinum
Platinum

Had a look at greta point the other day was dead during the time I was there and WINDY!!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 8:26pm
Ces View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

weather is looking like cr@p for the rest of the week aye? i'm dying to go for a fish!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 1:03pm
mole View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

If the wind stays down will be out next few nites,  starting in evans may head round to seaton tho will have to look at the tides.
Page  123 379>