Shimano Talica 10II - REVIEW

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shimano Talica 10II - REVIEW
    Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 2:22pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I had a wee bit of a play with the Shimano Talica 10II over the weekend and thought I'd report back - In my opinion the 10II is an awesome deep or shallow water livebait rig (kings, tuna, puka etc), deep water softbait set, can imagine it being a "light" trolling/gamefishing weapon but perhaps not as well suited to jigging as the 8II or 12II due to the spool being of wider profile but will certainly be a top performing all-rounder suitable for many applications....very much akin in physical dimension as the Trinidad 14.....plenty of herbies, smooth as some of those Brazilians Mozza is sniffing around and a stunning looking reel aesthetically... So far the 8II and 10II get a thumbs up from me - looking forward to fondling the rest of the series shortly. you can see from the pixs below the relative spool widths between the range 8 and 12 N , 10 and 16 W 8II - Braid 390 50# - H 6.2:1 L 4.1:1 10II - Braid 535 50#- H 6.2:1 L 4.1:1 12II - Braid 400 65# - H 5.7:1 L 3.1:1 16II - Braid 430 80# - H 5.7:1 L 3.1:1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 3:21pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Anything can be good.  But like many brazillions, the cost can outweigh the performance.

How much?

Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 3:30pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hahahaha.....nice mate!!

Jon has them listed on his site from $859.00 - $899 across the range.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 4:33pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

they r nice reels indeed had a look at some the other day cant remebr what sizes they were though
 mean livebait reels
just wish the handle ws a bit longer
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 4:42pm
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Any idea when the single speeds are coming and what the Ratio will be??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 5:00pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Handle length not really an issue GG...they work just fine....i'm sure someone will be working on an after market 'up grade' thou.....any engineers out there??

Sorry not a clue Bouldie....like I asked the other day what would you hope for in a single speed over a two-speed reel?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SHIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 9:08pm
SHIN View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

How wonder how this reel cast?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 12:49pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Had a play with the 8 at yeehaa on saturday,very well built but as Kezza said, not really a jigging reel.
Shin..... these were made for casting baits down a chum trail. evidently very ,very smoothThumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 12:53pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

they do look and feel very good - must admit to nearly pulling out the Visa!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 1:16pm
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Did you catch anything with it Kezza? apart from the attention of the fishing.net seagullsLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 1:47pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kaveman - I said the 10II wasn't really a jigging reel due to it's wide spool config, but I think the 8II will be just fine....sure a longer crank arm would be a 'nice to have', but I don't see any real reasons why that and it's bigger brother the 12II wont be suitable being narrow? as you say these reels have been developed with casting in mind, so should be awesome.....I think the Talica 10II and 16II will be a bit of a "jack of all trades", whereas the 8II and 12II will suit jigging - then again I've been using Trinis and a OJ3K for a lot of my jigging so am more-or-less used to the crank configuration of the Tallica's......What I can guarantee is that the kingish wont be to phased....Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SHIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 1:48pm
SHIN View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Can this be use off the rock for stray lining for snapper?

Will defiantly get one if it do cast good. it has no built in brake system I assume it more for dropper

rig kinda use. I be very interesting to see someone cast this reel on a surf caster.

Yeenaa (Nill) keen to try it out?

^__^

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 1:49pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by mozz mozz wrote:

Did you catch anything with it Kezza? apart from the attention of the fishing.net seagullsLOL

Matty caught a kingi bro and looked like he was enjoying himself quite a lot - fishing and conditions were hard as
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:40pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm considering a 10 as an alrounder. I have a Torsa 16, which I jig with and I think the Talica would compliment this nicely for straylinining and deep water softbaiting.

Has anyone bought one yet? Thoughts?
I had a play with one at a tackle demo a couple of months ago and have had a nagging feeling ever since that I should own one!