Dead Pilchards and Dolphins!!! (and now Dogs too)

Page  <1 1516171819 39>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 9:53am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

IATF that will have too be your call  have noticed a few little blues washed up on the rocks but usally do find them after a good blow from the east , but would think that if the charter's are out there doing it ???.heard of another dog dieing but think that was umu disease. 
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 10:29am
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by I am the fish I am the fish wrote:

We are likely to fish around the Kawau region this weekend and no doubt in 80 - 100 mtrs+ what do you guys rekon.  Catch and release all day?  Or take a feed home for the inlaws?

The fish.

Not quite sure where that 80m+ hole around Kawau is Wink? Anyway, I saw quite a few people catching fish for their dinner off the shore last Saturday, and there hasn't been any reports of mass dyings since then, so I am assuming that the snapper etc are just fine.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Onni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 11:28am
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 11:41am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Immmmmmm, not a pretty read ):
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 2-EXTREME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 6:52pm
2-EXTREME View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Onni Onni wrote:

Please read: http://www.oceanaware.info/Marine_Dog_Deaths.html

NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!Clap The NZ Herlad and all other media need to read, print, screen this article and start causing some $#@! to put the worry out of peoples minds and have someone own up that this is the real issue. Has been my theory all along, small insoluable pellets, even my fricken goldfish eat anything I throw in the tank.

"DRY YOUR EYES PRINCESS THE PAIN YOU FEEL IS ONLY WEAKNESS LEAVING YOUR BODY"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GAMFSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 9:23pm
GAMFSH View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by 2-EXTREME 2-EXTREME wrote:

NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!Clap The NZ Herlad and all other media need to read, print, screen this article and start causing some $#@! to put the worry out of peoples minds and have someone own up that this is the real issue. Has been my theory all along, small insoluable pellets, even my fricken goldfish eat anything I throw in the tank.

ClapClap so the sea slugs have been poisoned by Brodifacoum like everything else, washed up on beaches dead, nice one DOC, you sure know your stuffDead

Here's some more facts read carefully!!

MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET BRODIFACOUM 0,25%

Persistence and degradability

The active ingredient is scarcely degradable

HANDLING AND STORAGE

๔€€ Handling: Use all the individual precautions provided to avoid contact.

๔€€ Storage: Keep container tightly closed in cool and dry places, away from

unauthorised people and food.

Environmental risks: Soil and water can be polluted.

Harmful effects: The preparation contains a substance with anticoagulant effects

and may cause internal haemorrhaging, even delayed.

Persistence and degradability

The active ingredient is scarcely degradable

REGULATORY INFORMATION

R 52/53 Harmful to aquatic organisms, may cause longterm

adverse effects in the aquatic environment.

S 60 This material and its container must be disposed of

as hazardous waste.

S 61 Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special

instructions/Safety data sheets

The information in this Material Safety Data Sheet is based on our present knowledge and on the EEC

regulations. The product must not be used for purposes different from those specified. It is the userโ€™s

responsibility to take all necessary measures to follow the local and national regulations.

http://www.rentokil.co.nz

SAFETY DATA SHEET

Hazard Properties: Combustion products are toxic and or irritant. Measures have to be

taken to prevent the contaminated extinguishing agent from seeping

into the ground or from spreading uncontrollably.

HSNO Classifications:

9.1D = Harmful to aquatic organisms.

Environmental Risk and Safety

Phrases:

Avoid contamination of any water supply with chemical or empty

Container

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mahiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 9:41pm
Mahiman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hmmmmm and from memory there were a shet load of pillys and dolphins right in close all along northern side of rangi, I remember well as we were scooping them for bait. Have a read through this post which I commented on 24 June. If you read through I was commenting on how many pillys and dolphins were in close. I am starting to wonder now....

http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=42336&KW=&PID=597163&title=dolphins-near-rangi#597163
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 12:08am
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

class action against DOC

now who's brave enough?

hands up
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it!
FISH FIGHT The Peoples Protest
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GAMFSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 4:44am
GAMFSH View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Moggy Moggy wrote:

class action against DOC

now who's brave enough?

hands up

LOL Moggy DOC have the power to exercise what ever they want

Hunters in Nelson tried this and collected evidence of dead birds, stored them in a freezer and then were fined for removing native birds from there environment even though they were deadDead

You see you are dealing with an environmental **** up

Do you really think a little Japanese Pupperfish travelled 400,000 miles to create havock in the hauraki GulfEmbarrassed

Hell we might as well nickname him nemoShocked

That is why MAF have taken over the whole quest, and nobody is talking, they need time to come up with a relevant excuse that the public will believe and the media have been worned to back off

You see majority of people will believe whatever is publishedWink

now the latest dog death was Stanmore Bay, most people would say well it can't be the poison because it was only rangitoto area that was dumped on, well wrong they also bombarded Mauhaurangi but because it is classified as a reserve or forest and not within public reach they don't have to tell anybody, that is why dead animals are turning up all around, you only have to go for a walk up there

The best thing is to support these guys 
and get proven facts.

If the media saw this thread they would be itching at the teeth but would be allowed to do nothingOuch

what surprises me is they publish this 

Beach poison will kill you in an hour

yet they give it the all clear to go fishingConfused

Here's the reality whether you agree or not
Poisoning with the neurotoxin tetrodotoxin (TTX) occurs after ingestion of various species of puffer fish (see Media file 1). The flesh of the puffer fish (ie, fugu) is considered a delicacy in Japan. It is prepared by chefs specially trained and certified by the government to prepare the flesh free of the toxic liver, gonads, and skin. Despite these precautions, many cases of tetrodotoxin poisoning are reported each year in patients ingesting fugu.

The bottom line is sea slugs are sucker fish how the hell did they eat puffer fish to get poisonedShockedDead

and even if there was a mass breakout in pufferfish, thousands of little nemo'sLOL, they still can't poison our beaches unless eaten as the toxin only resides in the flesh

The worlds gone madLOLWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cal25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 6:00am
cal25 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

atleast one major broadcaster has this article....  Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JonnyBlaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 8:46am
JonnyBlaze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by cal25 cal25 wrote:

Well I hope the company you work for does something about this Cal.  You know my views on this.  The dumping of poison into our Gulf is just out of control!  Its clearly documneted that the poison been used should only be used in set traps and not dropped from the sky in massive proportions.

I know a few people who have rung DOC now and just gotten the cold shoulder.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote otter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 8:58am
otter View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

the excuse that tests do not happen as quickly as on TV is getting a bit old now how long before a definite answer ??????????/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 9:10am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JonnyBlaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 9:23am
JonnyBlaze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I just wrote to the Minster of Conservation...will let you know if I get a response.

I rung the emergency ARC water pollution line the other day and he said that its illegal for anyone to put poison into the water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 9:27am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah, and that stops people doing it - TUILOL

Thought it was puffer fish anywayConfusedLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cal25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 9:27am
cal25 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by JonnyBlaze JonnyBlaze wrote:

Originally posted by cal25 cal25 wrote:

[QUOTE=2-EXTREME] [QUOTE=Onni]

Well I hope the company you work for does something about this Cal.  You know my views on this.  The dumping of poison into our Gulf is just out of control!  Its clearly documneted that the poison been used should only be used in set traps and not dropped from the sky in massive proportions.

I know a few people who have rung DOC now and just gotten the cold shoulder.

he bud...ive passed on all the info from here, including links to all the major programmes we run...not much more I can do now...im pushing the matter to be investigated as much as possible though.

ta
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 9:37am
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The city had "many great reserves and parks"......."

Stop poisoning them then ya muppets......

I reckon there be some fufu valves in some govt depts doin' some serious puckering at present. If it is to be found that the poison used is the result.... i can't wait to see who takes what action againt the perps......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 9:45am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's always 'next week' when they're going to know the results... I thought we had some of the best scientists in the world?Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 9:58am
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Finatic Finatic wrote:

It's always 'next week' when they're going to know the results... I thought we had some of the best scientists in the world?Confused

Yep the best at covering their or thier masters arseLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snake Eyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 10:07am
Snake Eyes View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I had my suspicions early on this debacle when we were told "We may never know whats causing this."  Its pretty plain and simple The Dept of Cock-ups has succeeded once again .  Its in the name of this stuff they dropped on Rangi - POISON.  Therefore its poisonous.  Surprise , suprise.  Never mind that the fish weren't targeted, they eat all kinds of stuff (little pellets would be easy pickings)and if they were to eat poison I guess they would suffer some effects regardless of how its meant to work or whether or not its aimed at them.  POISON is poison end of story.  Try dumping your toilet contents in the Gulf and see how hard they will come down on you.  Probably a lot less toxic than this crap they been dropping all over the place in the name on conservation all for the sake of a few birds and trees.  Are the fish not natives also?

Still have a fish planned for tomorrow - and will eat any caught - reckon its safe?
A fast games a good game
Page  <1 1516171819 39>