'08-'09 Awards Announcements

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rodg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 1:40pm
rodg View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

ClapClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:46pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by WETSPOT WETSPOT wrote:

Originally posted by ginga ginga wrote:

Thank you so much Lance for putting us up for the award, it has been a whirlwind experience catching this fish and i am so excited that i was even considered for this award.
Thank you very much
Mark

Our pleasure Mark,  there were a number of catches considered for the "ILEX Trophy" including some brilliant solo marlin captures and 1st of species for a couple of anglers as well but as everyone will agree, your battle with that Broadbill was simply inspirational Clap

Also with the Junior Angler of the Year , young Callum / Spaymate whom after entering BA's kids fishing thread earlier in the year ended up being taken out with BA and his dad on the trip of a life time and to catch his 1st marlin at 15 years of age should also be an inspiration to any young anglers out there in forum land.

Lots to think about for next years comp and Im sure there will be additional sections included to cover a few more of the bases including a a Ladies Section  ( Just in case there's any one sticking pins in a doll at the moment ) as on review there were a number of fine catches by the ladies on the forum which unfortunately have gone un recognized and I humbly apologies for that.

lance

This season coming if I get the support I will be doing it again.Clap kids are our future we should all be supporting them, its not all about dad going out and catching a fish

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 7:03pm
phantomdeviant View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks like I'll be working extra hard to regain the deckie position then SteveLOL
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tone E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 8:46pm
Tone E View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Congrats to all the winners and to the organisers who I think have NAILED IT!!!!!!!!
Congrats also to Steve and his ilk who turn so many people, young and old, onto this great game of ours. And thanks to all you keen buggers whose names aren't up in lights, that just love it and live for it. Live that dream, don't dream it. Life is not a dress rehersal so pack as much in as you can.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 9:04pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by phantomdeviant phantomdeviant wrote:

Looks like I'll be working extra hard to regain the deckie position then SteveLOL

Nah mate,  might be a new good ship Wetspot next season if Im lucky enough ( If Ya dont dream ya dont get ! ! ! !) and I would base it up your way Wink so maybe you can jump ship and we could have a friendly cherry busting comp over the season LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 9:11pm
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Congratulations to the winners, the sponsors, the competitors, and the organizers.

If it was not for all involved there would not have been such a good result, well done all involved.

I look forward to getting my first marlin next season, and be able to have it entered for the cup next season.

I hope this is a good start to a long running thing for all evolved.

Thanks for running it,  Regards Ian    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 9:24pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by WETSPOT WETSPOT wrote:

Originally posted by phantomdeviant phantomdeviant wrote:

Nah mate,  might be a new good ship Wetspot next season if Im lucky enough ( If Ya dont dream ya dont get ! ! ! !) and I would base it up your way Wink so maybe you can jump ship and we could have a friendly cherry busting comp over the season LOL

he wont jump ship mate, he leaders more fish on a real mans boat sets more gear finds more fish the list goes on and he is my apprentice and doing well I must say, but if you would like to come out with us let us know, we always have a spare spot for newbiesLOL you will get to see how its done learn from those who put in the time, those who experiment, those who dont run with the flock, those who give it all shes got and those who get the results........so yeah i will book you on a charter boat theres a few aboutLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 9:30pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

On ya Steve Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JUST ANOTHER FISHERMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 3:44pm
JUST ANOTHER FISHERMAN View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Awesome Stuff every One....

Especially Fishing.net and the Wright Family for Producing the Ilex Trophy

I Have had the honor of doing an overnighter on the Ilex. Awesome old Boat. So much Histroy

Look Forward to Next season
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tumeke299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 8:21pm
Tumeke299 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Prety amazing comp given that it is only its first year Thumbs Up Organisers and sponsors did a great job Clapand look forward to getting amongst it next year.

What about adding a prize for most metorious game fish on fly? Just an idea
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TAZEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 2:47pm
TAZEE View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

See you guys there.

I have Polished a brand new taigra 80w and will have it there.

Look forward to having a coke with you guys

Jon
WWW.WSLAURIE.CO.NZ

The Best fishing spot In New Zealand
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 3:12pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Coke's for pussies Ill have the cold Ginger Beer ready :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TAZEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 3:45pm
TAZEE View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Deal Wetspot.
Bring my new dodge over as well.Wink

See you there
WWW.WSLAURIE.CO.NZ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 3:54pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Needs to be paid for 1st _ The Dodge that is, Ginger beers are on me !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter Pakula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 3:59pm
Peter Pakula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Have a great night guys. Wish I was there!!!

Congratulations to the winners and also the entrants for a great effort by all!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 4:03pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

so u all in a few hours
how is byeing me my beers
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 4:20pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by green guy green guy wrote:

so u all in a few hours
how is byeing me my beers

Reading the above I think you have already had to many LOL
I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TAZEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 4:24pm
TAZEE View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Peter Pakula Peter Pakula wrote:

Have a great night guys. Wish I was there!!!

Congratulations to the winners and also the entrants for a great effort by all!

Thanks Peter...Wish you were here two....Have a cold XXXX..and think of us drinking Ginger Beer.
WWW.WSLAURIE.CO.NZ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 4:24pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

LOL, was about to say the same thing.

Thanks Peter, your support has been most appreciated Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TAZEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 4:27pm
TAZEE View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

ClapClapClap
Clap
WWW.WSLAURIE.CO.NZ

Page  <123>