Wellington Vis / water conditions

Page  <1 971972973974975 1049>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Unclejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 4:43pm
Unclejake View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The wind on the west might be OK Saturday afternoon, but there is a 1m n/w swell predicted

Has anyone had a look at the water? Is it dirty over there?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Swartie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 4:45pm
Swartie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

currently trying to judge it from cawthroneeye, will have a look tomorrow 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Unclejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 5:01pm
Unclejake View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That would be great. Thanks. I'll text Bull and ask him to look from the train too

EDIT: Bull stays it's brown, with a metre swell already, and whitecaps. Yuck. I'll spend the weekend in the shed I think

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stripeysi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 7:27pm
Stripeysi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Wouldn't get out of bed for the west coast tomorrow. Yuck out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote harrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 7:30pm
harrison View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks for the updates

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Philip van Zijl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 7:35pm
Philip van Zijl View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well, there's always next time! I have had to drag my golf bag that is not a golf bag with 29kg of gear in it through town, through crowded bars and pavements, ran down a bus and charmed the driver for allowing me to get in at a traffic light and finally drag it up the hill here in York Bay. So, I'm going for a splash tomorrow. Probably further along the coast or try for scallops. Any suggestions? I'lll take me newby nephew with me...
Never underestimate and old man with a spear gun ;)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 3:25pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey guys, had my car broken into this noon at sharks tooth. Keep a look out for a bright red BMW 316 or 320. Unfortunately i didn't get their rego, but 100% sure it was them.
Ah yes, vis was **** too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 4:36pm
Baller View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Dang, that sucks e.m.p. Did they take anything? Does anyone who has an alarm in their car have any issues with break-ins while diving? Serious question, as some people will break into your car whatever the cost.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 5:49pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry to hear that EMP. Any other features on the red bmw? Stickers, dents, tints etc? Another guy on here had his vehicle broken into at Tarakena Ramp yesterday and stuff pinched. Not good at all. Wonder if theres a link.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 5:52pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

They just grabbed my jeans and jacket with my keys. Strong suspicion they found my address too, so I had my locks changed this arvo. Lost a shark clip, so i walked back looking for it and they were parked next to my car and chatting to me. Back in the water i got this odd feeling and went out after 10min. They were gone and my car open
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 7:19pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Na - can't remember any outstanding features. it was an older 316 or 320 model. passenger had curly black locks and the fella in the back was African. I could point them out if seen again, but hey.
They knew all classic hiding spots (fusebox, etc.) and rummaged only in the front. I have an (admittedly and apparently useless) alarm, but seems they knew how to bypass.
I never take my phone or wallet to any spots before red rocks gate starts. So I got at least this going for me. So all they got was my used undies, a stinky pair of old jeans and a pretty decent jacket size s so none of these fat f*cks will fit in either.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote harrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 7:27pm
harrison View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thats well rat**** man sorry to hear it. Tell Sarai to be careful during work hours if they do decide on a house call. And you got my number if you do see them hanging around.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Philip van Zijl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 11:20pm
Philip van Zijl View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went out just past the light house, past Shelley bay. Water was pretty dirty, but then, I'm used to it! Got 6 legal Paua after putting back at least 10+ that were just under. Also got a Moki and a big leather jacket, but lost a good sized Butter. Filled the bag up with 20 big mussels and called it a day after about 2 hours. My step grandson?? Was having ear problems, but enjoyed exploring a new spot. Back to the South tomorrow. Trying to get my gear dry to get in under weight ...
Never underestimate and old man with a spear gun ;)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Unclejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 1:34am
Unclejake View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

^ It's great you got out, and it sounds like you did well.

EMP - that's rat**** indeed. What a pack on mongrels
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PatrickScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 5:03pm
PatrickScott View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey EMP! Received some verbal from a bunch of losers that look like they excel at receiving the benefit while stealing from the hand that feeds it today. What do you know red BMW 2 door with sunroof, 4x cap wearing muppets inside.
Reg RM9730 prob. a long shot??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Unclejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 5:22pm
Unclejake View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That plate matches a red 1992 BMW 318IS E36

I see that someone else had a break-in at Tarakena Bay ramp on Friday too (it's in the Wellington boat fishing thread)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mullins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 5:26pm
Mullins View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Local Buoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 9:49am
Local Buoy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Any update on the West Coast conditions? Might trade work for a dive.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DJ Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 6:54pm
DJ Mike View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Local Buoy Local Buoy wrote:

Any update on the West Coast conditions? Might trade work for a dive.

West coast was "a bit meh" today. Makara was mint going out, you could clearly see the bottom at about 6m, and we dropped a set line in and could see the hooks probably 10m+ going down. Boom Rock was pretty arse, and when we got back to Makara it was green and probably 1m vis in close.

It might clean up tomorrow hopefully.

Teach your missus to fillet and shuck. Before someone else does...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Harley11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 10:22am
Harley11 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Any update for out west? It's looking flat in petone.
Spear Diver
Page  <1 971972973974975 1049>