Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 434435436437438 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ocean90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 3:14pm
ocean90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Iam keen Dan, just have too see how things fall into place over the weekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 3:51pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 4:29pm
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah there are a few snaps around up our way, not heaving with them but enough to get a feed usually. Waiting for it to kick on again like last year, the tern workups had good size fish under them in under 10m. There does seem to be a lot of bait fish around at the moment so you're right Dan, when you're given lemons!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Travis79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 5:00pm
Travis79 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey! Just moved to New Zealand (Gulf Harbor) from Europe. Experienced only in fresh waters.
Does anybody have spare/extra kayak to borrow and willing to share/join some fishing trip? I was always into kayak fishing, but never had a chance to experience it.
I know this is quite naive question/request, but ... you never know.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 6:19pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 4:47pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 5:11pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sounds good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 5:12pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

What ya reckon lads King of the Bay comp? In mid to late April this year let it warm up a bit and hopefully should see some 50cm plus snaps eh......

Sounds good. Can we do a sat around 18th April or later.? What days can everyone else do?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 6:13pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sounds good. Any weekend except the 30th of April works for me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ocean90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 6:30pm
ocean90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Any form of paddle with arms craft
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 7:24pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 11:55pm
Plow View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep keen to defend the title.. Besides surely soon the little blighters will turn up in the bays..?
Anzac weekend is out for me.. Sat would be best..
Legasea Legend, the rest of you should be too, $10 a month.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 11:56pm
Plow View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

18th could work?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 6:52am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 7:26am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep I'm keen, wont know about dates I'm working until closer to the time but Sundays would be safer.
Maybe 19th?
Yves gave me a last minute txt of Fri night to head out on the South side of the Peninsular yesterday morning. I was pretty much about flag fishing this weekend after looking at the forecast, but the conditions in the bay just before dawn were perfect. We tried a spot close in that started with a few throw backs and 1 good keeper. Then tried the eastern end of the bay with similar throwback results. I suggested we head round into the channel to a spot that I thought would have some larger fish, and the NW wind had gotten up a bit so I thought we'd be sheltered. Wrong on both counts. Sitting in lumpy breezy conditions I got a couple of good strikes initially then went quiet. Yves picked up a few goldfish and I didn't even get that. So we put that leg down as just a bit of exercise and headed back to the bay. Found lots of terns working with the odd couple of gannets circling, but very few snapper underneath. Large schools of baitfish everywhere, which I couldn't see but assumed were the tiny whitebait type. I got a few more throw backs and one more good keeper. Yves went back to his spot close in and ended up with 4 keepers. It was a nice morning out and we both came home with a feed, so despite it still not really "firing" up this way yet, I still enjoyed the day thanks Yves!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 8:41am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 11:05am
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Well done boys my turn tomorrow look out kingies! Hopefully they bite......

I'm in tomorrow Dan if ur ok for company. , I've PM u for info.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 5:31pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't know where I got the 30th from.  I meant any weekend other than the 12th I meant. Running the Orewa 10.5km on the 12th.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 8:24pm
Plow View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

19th is good too!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tigurello 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 10:08pm
tigurello 90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

snappers are in got my limit along with a solid bust off and an 18 lbr  
Page  <1 434435436437438 849>