Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats

Page  <1 133134135136137 195>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 6:58am
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by the angler the angler wrote:

Gary and them reckon it's only really a berly pot or craypot winch as the real anchor winchs all have free fall , spose u get wot u pay for.

i dont get it? it does the job so who gives a rats what its called ... 

my anchor deployment/retrieval system has free fall, its runs out of juice on big retrieves occasionally, so i just take a spare out with me and alternate retrieves between units. my units can also pilot the boat automatically, and even take over winding up the groper rigs when you get tired, and i think their best feature is the automatic fish filleting on the way back to the ramp ... oh yeah, it also does berley pots and craypots when they are dropped as well ... i call it Chris, or Keith, or Dan, or bugger-it-ill-do-it-myself depending on the way the wind is blowing on the day ... i can sell you one, but they arent cheap Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 9:22am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mods - could you please delete the posts between two people who seem unable to let the other have the last word.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 5:39pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Apologys Rex no offence bud. Howz the new prop going?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 6:32pm
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

my apologies too, sorry to the frewza community about that dirty old pirates behaviour.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 6:51pm
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

i used to do this with my wife when she was in Japan:
"you hang up"
"no, you hang up"
"no, YOU hang up"
"no, YOUUUUUUUU hang up"

you get the picture ....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 9:19pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Stuck a couple more Railblaza star ports in the gunnel this afternoon, for mainly fishing forward when tide is flowing stern to bow. Got 'em for $10 each! Really like the Railblaza system, ordered their camera boom 600 as well, be interesting to see how that goes in them.

These sit nice and flush if you take the base off, quite unobtrusive.

https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 6:18am
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got 'em for $10 each! really where from ?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 2:08pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Barton Marine, Wgtn.... last two sorry mate! They are usually $19ea.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 2:52pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I know that's a sweet deal!
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 3:53pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone had a good look at the 3.6m Frewza plate dinghy? Advertised on Trademe for $4000.

Looked like a good design similar to FC. I'd like to see one about 1m longer though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 4:07pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Look a million times better than a Fyran or Ramco 12 footer! Pretty flat in the V but well thought out, basic package and certainly have the strength being 3mm.... Oh and not a rivet in sight thank god!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 5:00pm
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You can use that base/collar as a backing plate for recessed mount of a railblaza.  Spreads the load a bit - but maybe not required with alloy.

Originally posted by flyfisher flyfisher wrote:

Stuck a couple more Railblaza star ports in the gunnel this afternoon, for mainly fishing forward when tide is flowing stern to bow. Got 'em for $10 each! Really like the Railblaza system, ordered their camera boom 600 as well, be interesting to see how that goes in them.

These sit nice and flush if you take the base off, quite unobtrusive.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 5:26pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good idea, makes sense alright on lighter materials, my gunnels I got spec'd 3mm so no flex, but can see that spreading load nicely. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 5:27pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So i got some burn figures from the new zook df70,
Have used 70ltrs in 22 hours running time
Average 3.2ltrs per hour.
Half those hours at idle while deep drifting to consider though, but still pretty goodWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 6:16pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by flyfisher flyfisher wrote:

Good idea, makes sense alright on lighter materials, my gunnels I got spec'd 3mm so no flex, but can see that spreading load nicely. Cheers

so the hull and sides are same thickness as a surtees 5.5 workmate? Shocked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 6:31pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Those are damn wicked figures Pirate, what sort of comparison to your old Yam 60. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 10:44pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Too early to tell exactly but i would say as good if not better . Half my hours were at the 3-4000 rev range which is optimum 'lean burn' apparently according to the diagnostics. Will get a better picture after this game season and 100hr service. Funny to think that all my years doin motocross/trailriding  i was die hard Yamy or honda. Feels weird to be on the other team but hey.. these motors are the sh-t!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 6:12pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yea, pretty much all the new 4 strokes are sweet. My f16 is  couple more weeks away. I went with a Honda high thrust 60, Hope it gets those fuel figures your getting, My old boat a 6m ht with a f115, was averaging 1nm a ltr, thought that wasn't to bad. Iv'e gone with the 80ltr underfloor so reckon I won't be needing to worry about fuel for a days fishing.

Anyone got fuel figures for a 60 Honda
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 7:33pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

These Frewzas look excellent value.Has the fishing website done a review of them?I couldnt find it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 7:38pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There's a review of the F14 here Godders and it's fairly accurate for a magazine review for once, although the boat is far more roomier than these pics in the test depict. Don't think any of the big magazines have done a review as...

A, It's not a $150k 7m glass boat... and
B, Refer to above point A,...

http://www.frewzaboats.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/AB0913-Frewza-F14-Fisher-Boat-Test.pdf

I think you'll get the best reviews by reading through this thread to be honest, there's none of this nonsense about "how well it handles the treacherous conditions on the test day of a huge .2m harbour chop and 10 knots of wind!" either.

Page  <1 133134135136137 195>