BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 446447448449450 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 4:01pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hey whippersnapper any wind over 15 knots Is unpleasant. Offshore at papamoa Is south/southwest Early morning Is best time to avoid wind. Surf needs to be smallish too. Port of Tauranga harbour conditions give you a live wind and swell reading which will save you an unecessarytrip to the beach once you learn what Is ok. 1.0m swell or less and 10knots and under Is a good start.

The harbour can be tricky with boat traffic, weed, current etc and paddling 1-2kms off papamoa Is far more reliable to catch a feed.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 7:43pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Going to hit maketu early tomorrow if anyones keen. Piwi was bang on about the conditions and in my opinion your better off outside when learning as the current and boat traffic in the harbour is far more likely to get you in the sh*t
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote beernayarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 7:46pm
beernayarn View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah I agree too with last posts. Welcome whipper snapper
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 6_foot_yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 8:19pm
6_foot_yaka View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

X3 on that.im gonna head out from Harrisons in morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 8:43pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

where u launch from at maketu downtown?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 8:48pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Karewa for me in the morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 9:24pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was going to get to the surf club just before five to catch the early morning bite. Hopefully some bigger snaps hanging around down there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 12:44pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

missed your post or would have joined u downtown.
launched from the domain at 5 into smallish surf.
first fish at 6 then nothing until 8.30 then had limit by 8.45 with all fish between 35 -42 cm .
just straylining squid as nothing else working today.
heaps of surface action 2 which i think were trevs but could not get any.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 1:22pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work scottyboy. I limited out pretty quick too one at 37cm and rest well into the 40s plus a couple of early 50s. Got a big porae at about 4kgs which put up a strong fight. All mine on softies. Might go tomorrow aswell somewhere different though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 1:28pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

went out at 7.30 from karewa. only had 3x small snap cod and ky. not much action so I came in early.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 2:26pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice work guys. Congrats on the porae Downtown thats a bit different round here.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 6_foot_yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 2:42pm
6_foot_yaka View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I launched from Harrison's this morning just after 5 headed out to reef plenty of sign,started off slow but got a feed kept 5 snaps 35-44 cm got 1paddling back into 19m got him on my lap an he had a octopus leg hanging out of his mouth.shiner streaks and electric chickens doin the damage for me.good to see nzkayaker out there too with clients.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 3:49pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm doing the domain at 5:30 tomorrow... Last chance this year for me. I have to be back at work by 9 so it will be short and sharp.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plane to sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:15pm
Plane to sea View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I'm going from Harrisons with a pal but cant make it out before 830 so not expecting much but its always nice to get out on the water instead of being at work on a Tuesday
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 9:28am
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

PB Kingie for me yesterday. Me and mate out back of Rabbit. 40 minute fight on soft bait rod Okuma nano matrix 6-10 O/H, Okuma Citrix B/Caster, 20lb PPro, 20lb Bmagic leader, 60gm Inchiku. 105cm and nice and fat - bottomed out mates scales so weight only a guess 14-15kg maybe. One hook bent straight and the other held in the corner of his lip, bent open by the time we got it. Murphys law, no gaff and no net onboard. 3 families eating this for Christmas. Nice change to get a porae Downtown - YUM. Good to see some nice bags of snaps coming in all over. We got one snap before also and I didn't really care after thisSmile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 11:39am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Gdog the expression says It all congrats.

That Is an awesome looking kayak too haha

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 12:30pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

well done gdog,
Went out with Downtown and Dazlec. Never caught a porae before.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 12:48pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went out with my friend Ulvi from Wellington on my spare rod he got a new PB. Was lots of sign but the fish were not on the chew so we had a feed for chrismas and played in the waves.

Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 1:18pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Great fish guys congrats to Ulvi Phish on that big snapper.

Allpom you got a Porae too ? Was it off paps. How do they taste ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 2:18pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work guys. Mean king Gdog. Out with the lads this morning, the conditions got better as the day went on but the fishing was pretty slow with plenty of sh*t fish around hammering softies. I ended up with 3 snaps and a couple of good trevs. That was off town point again piwi, they like rocky weedy areas. The ones we've eaten in the past have been ok as fillets. I think we'll smoke the one i got yesterday with the trevs.
Page  <1 446447448449450 1025>