Trademe Boats

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote couda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trademe Boats
    Posted: 17 Dec 2006 at 3:57pm
couda View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I spend far to much time gazing at boats on trademe.

Has anyone noticed that a huge percentage of boats stay on for months and months unsold. Sellers are asking way too much in most cases.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2006 at 6:18pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah, everyone wants the best possible price when selling. Conversly we all want a bargin when buying! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote empty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2006 at 6:45pm
empty View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

and some of them are crap
what happened to the pissing man?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2006 at 2:26am
Xkon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

ys so right bro, some are wayyyy to over priced. i had to goto  marco boats to get a 570 angler hull and build from there. cause if i wanted an engine on it it would be way to $$$ for me. and i never want to buy another boat off trademe again as the one i brought sank on me. word to the wise check the hull 1st.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2006 at 3:15am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

yeap totally agree. been keeping an eye on them myselfs and the ones i like are still there, have been for ages but over priced and no real movements in their prices either.

so where do we all go looking for a boat then?

local boat yard? trade and exchange?>
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2006 at 9:59am
Xkon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

well i beat the middle man and whent straight to the guys who build them.
i ordered a boat that has no seats lights carpets no tank nothing but a bare hull with sterring only. cause this way i can add my own stuff  cheaply and as i have the engine seats etc etc myself i got a over 20 gran boat for a low low 10 gran :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2006 at 11:25am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

hook a brother up! Wink
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cpt pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2006 at 4:06pm
cpt pugwash View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Have to agree with couda, however theres an excellent 5.3 Mclay fisherman 4 sale there and reasonably priced as well.
(so I recon anyway)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2006 at 6:02pm
Xkon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

ask any guy that makes alloy's and just ask for a bare hull with sterring added. if you have all the part's like the nav lights, seats, carpet, fuel tank, wireing for the sounder etc etc and every thing else that can be added at min cost then you will save lots of bucks. all i have now is a bare hull on the drive way to get rid of. g.o.p btw lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blairski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2006 at 9:36am
Blairski View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by EPLD EPLD wrote:

all i have now is a bare hull on the drive way to get rid of. g.o.p btw lol

Theres the catch, out of interest what is it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2006 at 11:28am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Fill it up with water and tel the kdis you bought a swimming pool for them for Christmas
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2006 at 2:04pm
Xkon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

lol lol classic example. but naa i'll flick it off to the highest bidder way to good for swimmimng pool :)