’Crowded House’ on fire

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’Crowded House’ on fire
    Posted: 26 Feb 2006 at 11:50am
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Just had Monsieur Plonker on the shoe phone. Fishing on Malcolm Pollard and Ant Neill's 'Crowded House' they have just released their third stripey for the W/E.

They are fishing out of Whangaroa and got one in 400 off the Cavallis and another from the 'Hook' yesterday and have just nabbed another in 200 off Matai. A broady drift last night was abandoned in 25 knot winds, hence the Matai Bay bit.

Lures? J** Y** pearl headed Super Plunger and Legend Lures Enki both in blue/silver over pink/white - colours I was incidentally re-rigging a red headed ProRange Julana with when Kurt rang.
Random musings on all sorts of things http://obaldnz.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2006 at 9:01pm
Plonker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've been busy washing gear etc.... tonight

A full report tomorrow

Here are some photos.

A big thanks to Adam for the tip off on the lure colourall three fish were on the same colour. 

A great weekend and great weather ( not that bit at 3am Sunday tho)A thanks to malcolm.

Do you like the last photo Dave?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mark Edwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2006 at 9:17pm
Mark Edwards View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

great shots guys, bring on the weekend!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2006 at 9:25pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Wow, nice going Kurt. - Enki getting a few fish now eh? They are a great little lure.
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2006 at 9:49pm
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I do like the last photo, Kurt (although it could do with a few minutes in Photoshop to get rid of the colour caste )

To be fair I like all the photos - great documentation of a superb weekend's fishing.
Random musings on all sorts of things http://obaldnz.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2006 at 9:55pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

excellent stuff Plonks and Team CroWded House...Mal and the boys are having a blinder...nice work!

whose taking the U/W shots?

PS..hows your liver coping with the 2005/06 season?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2006 at 10:08pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

way to go Plonker........ who�s the clown doing the Matt Watson imitation????

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dead Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2006 at 10:46pm
Dead Ant View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Now that some awesome photography - I need an underwater housing and a bigger pair of nads!  an't wait for the full report.
[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/DeadAnt/pinTunacopyf.jpg">
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2006 at 10:47pm
Plonker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm the clown Lethal.

Mal is always keen to get away from the marina on Friday nights so i'll put the new liver off till next year Kezz( not like on the Far Side every nights a friday night a bro .

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MADNESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 8:52am
MADNESS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

good stuff kirt 

hope you kept a eye out for mr sharky with the under water pic's though

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 9:18am
Adam Scott View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Last week Macksom had a marlin off north cape shortened by a couple of feet by a Mako est at over 400kgs so you have more guts than me getting those underwater shots!! Looks like a good weekend, well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 9:20am
Tomsta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wicked Shots Guys! Well done on the T'n'R. 
Don't Moan about it, Just Do it!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 9:25am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice pics! Interesting, that bottom shot, to see the direction the hook is embedded in the fishes bill, eh..... upwards and from the outside of the mouth! Wierd.

Ain't it great to be fishing in flat calm water though? No battling the waves to stay upright etc, mucho nice-o!

Cheers, Stu.

It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 10:48am
Adam Scott View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Quote: Originally posted by Capt Asparagus on 28 February 2006

Nice pics! Interesting, that bottom shot, to see the direction the hook is embedded in the fishes bill, eh..... upwards and from the outside of the mouth! Wierd.

Cheers, Stu.

We got a couple over the weekend hooked exactly the same way, just picking at them I recon and you just get lucky. Anyway its better to be lucky than good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 12:13pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dunno, never been neever... 

cheers, Stu.

It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EZYLFE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 1:10pm
EZYLFE View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Excellent pics. Great to see some close ups so clear. What camera was being used on this?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wahoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 4:21pm
wahoo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just brilliant photos.  Great stuff!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 5:40pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great stuff Kurt. Don't know why but blue/pink seems to be such a sucessful colour in that stretch of water. What does it imitate?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MADNESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 6:11pm
MADNESS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Quote: Originally posted by Fishb8 on 28 February 2006
Great stuff Kurt. Don't know why but blue/pink seems to be such a sucessful colour in that stretch of water. What does it imitate?
its been working on the west coast to this year i've had a few shots on it so far 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2006 at 10:20pm
Plonker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Don't know Roy but there is a heap of Flying fish up there at the mo.

Ezylife it's just a cheap Kodak disposable job.

I was more worried having a swim in Whangaroa harbour on sunday in that murky green stuff with the guys in the Bronze suits.

Page  12>