Bad news for Taranaki kayak fishing

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad news for Taranaki kayak fishing
    Posted: 09 Dec 2005 at 9:00am
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I only fish on days ending with a "Y"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2005 at 1:33pm
alz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey their DogFish
Its a sad day for all recreational fishing persons around taranaki Some of our best ground for fishing is been taken away from us all, I know where my next mission is going to be hopefully the conditions will come right before the reserve comes in effect.
And as for back beach and south thats Bulls..t as well the park works fine why fix somethink when its not broken theirs plenty of gurnard, kawai, snapper, seals, sharks, and whatever else their for the recreational user, One of the best closest beachs to new plymouth about to become a no fishing zone CR P
It makes me feel ill i wont be able to fish out of my kayak in these areas as both areas suit the yak down to a tee,
Q)Wheres doc or maf etc when theirs a trawller or comerciall boat working one or two km off shore? it should be those guys who get told to F ck off,
Me and a couple of mates went over the waitara bar in a stabi early one morning(crack off dawn)not so long ago, we'd just put the boat in the river then to our horror watched a trawler go past heading north no more than a kilometre off shore probably pinching our kawai.

Its a sad sad F#%#ing day alright
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote stew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2005 at 7:09pm
stew View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Surely there must come a time when these people listen. They haven't got a clue and basically couldn't run a bath. you would think the west coast weather would be the best marine reserve.  Where next is on the DOC hit list

stew

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote possom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2005 at 9:05pm
possom1 View Drop Down
New User
New User

will DOC paint the boundries in for me???? as cant afford a gps at the moment.this is a major bummer as am staying at urenui at new years & will have to dream up plan B now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2005 at 10:56pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You'll be OK for your holiday possum, as the Reserve doesn't come into effect until it has been signed-off by the Governor General and then Gazetted.

DogFish

I only fish on days ending with a "Y"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manaia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2005 at 8:40am
Manaia View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey dogfish why does the reserve hav that skinny chunk thats not included in it? 

I have not had the chance to fish there but am gutted for all the locals and at the thought I never may get the chance to fish it!

[IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/Matariki/21.gif">
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2005 at 9:02am
Naki View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Manaia.

There is a 750m strip left out of the reserve for surfcasters.

There is a lot of work that DOC have to do before the reserve goes ahead. So it won't be in place for quite a few months yet, if in fact at all. Kevin  Moratti who represents NZRFC is going to petition the Governor General and if that fails the NZRFC will take the decision to the High Court.

President of the "Pontoon Owners Club".
I started off with nothing and now I still have most of it left!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote possom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2005 at 7:27pm
possom1 View Drop Down
New User
New User

ta for that naki just gotta hope for fine weather now