Jigskinz

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CBF-Whk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jigskinz
    Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 3:10pm
CBF-Whk View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi all

Came across these on the internet and thought what a good idea. This is my first try on some old hand made lures I had made. Each lure will now have about $5 dollars invested.

This is a before shot

An after shot

And a threesome the bottom was done with leftovers

Now for some field testing.

CBF
Whk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 3:50pm
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

nice.they came up real good.have seen the how to video on these.great idea.where did you get them from?cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 4:00pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They look great, well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CBF-Whk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 4:15pm
CBF-Whk View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Rotate Rotate wrote:

nice.they came up real good.have seen the how to video on these.great idea.where did you get them from?cheers

Just google jigskinz there is a nz agent. I orded on line payed with visa and they were delivered by post two days later.

CBF
Whk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 8:13am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

The Jigskinz were on sale at marine Deals last week
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fenien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 12:24pm
Fenien View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Finally had a go at trying out some Jigskinz that I got from Marine Deals a while ago.First victim was a beaten up Shimano Ocea stickbait which got a new mullet finish.Very happy with the result.Does anyone know where to get the largest size wraps from,as I have quite a few poppers & larger stickbaits in the 180/200g range that are looking a bit tired?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 1:38pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Try marine heals, or google them I have had three orders so far. Certainly perk up old or naff coloured lures.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fenien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 1:58pm
Fenien View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Tried them Capt. A but they don"t list any of the largest sizes at the moment.I was very surprised just how well they work,a lot easier than painting them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 10:27pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fenien Fenien wrote:

Finally had a go at trying out some Jigskinz that I got from Marine Deals a while ago.First victim was a beaten up Shimano Ocea stickbait which got a new mullet finish.Very happy with the result.Does anyone know where to get the largest size wraps from,as I have quite a few poppers & larger stickbaits in the 180/200g range that are looking a bit tired?

That look amazing
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fenien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 8:00am
Fenien View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Match the hatch as the saying goes,just hope the local kingis like it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CBF-Whk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 1:30pm
CBF-Whk View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

My latest batch,

Bought the lure bodies from a bargain bin some where in South Auckland. End of line Jiggle Lures $10 each. Jigskinz off marine deals $4 each.

End product some lures I won't mind loosing in the ruff stuff.

Now just need the sea to settle down so I can get out and give them a try.

CBF
Whk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 1:41pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wonder if anyone's tried making lures on a 3D printer then use a jigskin