Dickey Boats 750 xs

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pork Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dickey Boats 750 xs
    Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 5:25pm
Pork Hunt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hello people.

Does anyone have, or know anyone whom has one of the above hulls please.

Many thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widerange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 11:00pm
widerange View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Don't know about that,unfortunate name for a boat tho, dickey Ermm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tinfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 11:38am
Tinfish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have a new 800 Custom.
Jason Dickey has a 750XS as his own boat and is a very approachable bloke.
Stand up to be seen, speak up to be heard. BUT shut up to be appreciated.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:24pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

nice boats Pork Hunt, love the entry on these boats high an sharp,
How is the ride Tinfish?
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Andee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 5:48pm
Andee View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We also have a Dickey Custom 800 boat. Enclosed hardtop. 300 hp Suzuki outboard. 
The ride quality is a big seller for Dickey's. Bow design gives more waterline length…….
Jason and Tris Dickey were a pleasure to deal with, and as Tinfish says: very, very approachable.
The Dickey's own 750XS, they also use as a demonstrator. Lovely boat.
Not a cheap option Pork Hunt, but we chose to put more cash in to the the boat and less money in to the the crappy old towing vehicle!
Good luck.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pork Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 5:58pm
Pork Hunt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

thanks guys - same as me Andee. $12k 1993 80 series landcruiser! Priorities........

Tinfish its me Aunty mate - hope you are well, PM me your contacts here or elsewhere

You guys with the 800's - what are you towing them with and how are they coping.

Cheers again
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Andee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 6:13pm
Andee View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

It's a 300,000km Toyota 100 series Landcruiser.

The 8m boat's a pretty serious tow at 2,850kgs dry. 

10.2m long on the trailer, but nice on the road.

Hope that's helpful.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 6:23pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Just checked out their website. Certainly stunning boats, a 750 Dickeys on my wish list now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 7:43pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Saw one at spearfishing nationals, it was called '007'. I fell in love. Pretty sure I saw the same boat at the mokes on Sunday too. Anyone here?
Awesome looking boats.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote full sacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 7:46pm
full sacks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

awesome bits of kit
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 8:03pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

phuk yeah seen one down here for the nats i was very impressed indeed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WHANGAPOA FISHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 8:30pm
WHANGAPOA FISHER View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

last xmas there were 3 or 4 of them at Whangapoa, beautifully finished boats
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 8:51pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

and for those that dont have clue on what a Dicky Boat looks like, here is the 750xs.

http://www.dickeyboats.com/boats/sport-range/boat/custom-750-xs

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 8:55pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 8:57pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

That is a dickey 7.5m in above pic from their website Eric, there is one here at Whangamata. Awesome boatsThumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 9:12pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

both look well set up,
the stepped up front is the give away for sure,
they just need to modernize the rocket launcher into the new shape which looks similar to a racing cars rear airfoil and she will be sweet as...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 10:42pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I saw them at the Boat Show,  they are a stunning looking boat but no idea on functionality. They certainly look well thought out.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tinfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 8:48am
Tinfish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Pork Hunt Pork Hunt wrote:

thanks guys - same as me Andee. $12k 1993 80 series landcruiser! Priorities........

Tinfish its me Aunty mate - hope you are well, PM me your contacts here or elsewhere

You guys with the 800's - what are you towing them with and how are they coping.

Cheers again

Gidday Aunty,
All good with me - hope the back is coming right?
Very happy with the new lady, the plumb bow cuts the waves in half and makes for a very nice ride.
The finish is a very high standard and most people dont believe me when i tell them it is alloy.
I towed ours back from Napier with my Ranger Wildtrak - passed 2 B- train trucks going up the hills so very happy with the towing, have upgraded the rear springs to handle the additional weight just so it doesn't drag over our road crossing.

I will drop you a PM with contacts if you want to have a look.
Cheers

Stand up to be seen, speak up to be heard. BUT shut up to be appreciated.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 7:18am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice looking boats. My only concern from a purely game fishing perspective is the distance from the cockpit to the back of the motor, it looks a hell of a long way and any fish that goes deep is going to have to be fought off one corner alone as I can't see how you could get the line past the motor to go to the other side. Blue marlin have a tendency to arc backwards and forwards across the back of the boat when within 20m of the boat and usually do this down quite deep and you are for ever having to swap sides. Other peoples thoughts.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widerange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 7:33am
widerange View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

"Excellence through innovation"
I'm still waiting to see what's so innovative about a dickeyboat.
I don't think their odd bow shape really counts as innovative?
What cool new (innovative)ideas have been incorporated into the dickeyboats you guys on here own?
Page  12>