Gimble belt

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ROCKSTARS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gimble belt
    Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 9:58am
ROCKSTARS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi all what's the best gimble belt for jigging for kingies, still sore from last weekends trip ( not that I,m complaining ) but would like to get a good belt befor next trip, thanks in advance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boxee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 11:12am
Boxee View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The Swage gimbals look awesome, haven't used one but seen them in the flesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciAkUy5vk74

http://www.rodandreel.co.nz/product/swage-gx-1-gimbal-belt/swage-gimbal.aspx
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ROCKSTARS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 8:07pm
ROCKSTARS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for that boxee have just ordered one, will let you know how it works after a few trips.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 8:52pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I've been using a Swage for a couple big jigging trips this last year. Rod no longer flicks out of the gimbal anymore and being plastic, is boat friendly. No more grizzles from Lance of Enchanter.
give it death!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 4:36pm
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Rockstar have you used it yet?impressions?the video for it highlights some nice aspects of it.what colour you go with?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote ROCKSTARS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 8:29pm
ROCKSTARS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

It Just arrived on Wednesday, hope to try it out very shortly, it looks great, will give a report after it has been used
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lowbox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 5:42pm
Lowbox View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

bought one too will try it out at the ranfurly banks in two weeks Big smile. very bling.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ROCKSTARS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 6:52pm
ROCKSTARS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yes they look very sexy/bling ice don't they, can't wait to try mine.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 8:34pm
Snag View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Their gloves (Swage) look the biz too. The Swage Gimbals look awesome, I want one!. Way cheaper in NZ than OZ too. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote home bouy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:22am
home bouy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

anyone else used these gimbles? not to small through the groin area being a asian design? im 6ft 3in/6ft 4in so would hate to get one and be to small width ways and just have want to slide between legs
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 4:32pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by home bouy home bouy wrote:

anyone else used these gimbles? not to small through the groin area being a asian design? im 6ft 3in/6ft 4in so would hate to get one and be to small width ways and just have want to slide between legs

Gimbal belts for jigging tend to be worn around the groin area rather than upper thighs.  That way they don't need to be quite so wide and keep the rod tip lower when fighting.  This helps avoid potential high stick breakages.  The Swage gimbal is a goodie. 
If you want a wider belt, I am selling my JM Dual Pin gimbal belt.  PM me for a price.
give it death!