Dredges

Page  <1 34567 8>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 3:00pm
Dolph View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I carry the strip dredges as well, I can't comment on how well they work or don't but you'll be hard pressed to find a tournament boat or charter pulling one around here.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 7:38pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi guys, for all you diy ers I have been looking at supplying you ss spring steel dredge bars. This is the appropriate material to use. You will find that any of these materials will fatigue and eventually fail and replacements will be necessary. This avenue may be a cost effective solution. To finalise some pricing you input and comments here will be helpful.
This is not a business for me just a supply for enthusiasts of the right materials.
I have now got some prices for the manufacturing process and supply.
Would like an indication from you as to your dredge bar lengths I'm currently looking at 1 m and a shorter set of lengths for bucket dredges.
It's in your hands from here.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 7:56pm
Murph View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

22, 32 & 36 inches seem to be the main sizes.
http://www.facebook.com/GForceLures
http://www.gforcelures.co.nz/
[email protected]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:22pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Murph, as this is custom we will be able to offer a variety but some stock sizes,as you have mentioned will be good to hold.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:24pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I realise I should of mentioned the diameter, I'm looking at around the 3.1 mm gauge.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:51pm
Murph View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

The bars I have here are about that thickness, I have also had bars that are about 2.2mm gauge. The thinner gauge bars are great but they will break more often. I think that the approximate 3mm gauge bars are about right, any heavier and the dredge won't pulsate as you want it to.
http://www.facebook.com/GForceLures
http://www.gforcelures.co.nz/
[email protected]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 9:21pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got me thinking, now all we need now is some one to import a few hundred squids???? ( or was I typing out loud)
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 9:36pm
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I've been looking at getting a bunch from a chinese factory, have found a place that I can get 22cm long squids at 87c US each, they say minimum order is 200 but I'm trying to convince them to send me 50 as a trial
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 9:53pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by stonefish stonefish wrote:

I've been looking at getting a bunch from a chinese factory, have found a place that I can get 22cm long squids at 87c US each, they say minimum order is 200 but I'm trying to convince them to send me 50 as a trial

The ones I have been looking at are $67 US for 500. that's a lot of squids, need to get together. I am sure others reading this would also be keen.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Griffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 9:53pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 10:03pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I would suggest the 3 mm ish size as well. Larger is not readily available anyway and very much custom.
And of course keep in mind that an increase in diameter will dramatically increase drag.
And as Murph has suggested the pulsing is a great feature.
Yes Geoff you are thinking out loud but that's good.
I was,really thinking of the more difficult things to access for guys, but you may yet convince me.
Think Bacon and egg pies.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 7:22am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Dredge i bought in,  is a 36" model with 3 arms(which are 3.37mm thick)

PS i could source the squid or ballyhoo baits pretty cheap if needed ? they could come in my my next container shipment from China at end of winter Wink
i will do some research
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 11:40am
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am looking at supplying members strips that i have hand made here myself, at basically the cost of materials plus a small amount of my time.  I am still trialling the one I have here and so far so good!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RH580ikanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:41pm
RH580ikanui View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Jake put me down for a few when you have them available..
"IKANUI" RH580 SUZUKI DF140
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 1:52pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No issues done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 3:09pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by yknot yknot wrote:

Originally posted by stonefish stonefish wrote:

The ones I have been looking at are $67 US for 500. that's a lot of squids, need to get together. I am sure others reading this would also be keen.

You can count me in for 50
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote camdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 4:39pm
camdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Found old car aerials are perfect for dredge bars, The common size is 3mm and they are made to last and free from down at your local wreckers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 9:05pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by camdog camdog wrote:

Found old car aerials are perfect for dredge bars, The common size is 3mm and they are made to last and free from down at your local wreckers.
I bet in a day or 2 they'll be like hens teeth. LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 9:55pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

Originally posted by camdog camdog wrote:

I bet in a day or 2 they'll be like hens teeth. LOL

I was thinking the same Wink   no guessing where I will be going tomorrow....  thats a great little nugget of info though...  pure genius Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BT007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 6:29pm
BT007 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

raised 2 marlin today with my DIY dredge in the water ;) lost both :( but I'm that much closer
Page  <1 34567 8>