Carrot Patch

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carrot Patch
    Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 5:46pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think Smudge must have closed the gate up his way and all the carrots are now down the coast a bit, our last few trips have been outstanding for carrots, numbers are way up on previous years, the last 5 attempts including Sunday just gone have resulted in these numbers, 15, 18, 31, 18, 25, and the size has been great.
Bin from Sunday

Sunday was also the Anniversary day sweep comp and Louie did alright as well

This modest trev was the only one weighed in and paid a cool 90 bucks

This carrot was 3rd heaviest and paid 40 bucks.
Ended up a cheap days fishing, dinner at the boat club and a few ales as well.

On the snapper front, for us it's been hard work but others from the chatter have done well, I guess we will find the again sometime.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote knb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 9:07pm
knb View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice bin of carrots Feeder,wish I could find them off Raglan in good size/numbers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 12:07am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Some guys are hauling them in off the coast up here too Feeder, saw a beauty today caught in the harbour, would have been around 1.5kg.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 9:54pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice carroting Feeder..caning them alright,Louie had a great day out in ya comp too!
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 7:28am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Much better than gardening.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar