SP Jigs for Kings

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SP Jigs for Kings
    Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 6:45pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Any thoughts or recommendations in the 150g plus range slow pitch jigs, specifically to target Kings?
Cheers Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishamn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 6:44pm
Fishamn View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Pete,

I know Zest have their new models up to 150g and talking to the guys in at Rod and Reel, they said they have some of the larger Sea Floor Control and Deep Liner models coming in early next year. They seem to have a pretty good selection.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 7:51pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Pete, Kingies are suckers for all types of jigs but they  certainly tend to like a bit of action. I have been catching heaps of rats in 30-50m of Whangamata on my range of slow pitch jigs.(mainly by catch as i have mainly been targeting snapper)
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:01pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers fellas. Was thinking of targeting something bigger than rats Kev
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 8:02am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kaveman kaveman wrote:

Pete, Kingies are suckers for all types of jigs but they  certainly tend to like a bit of action. I have been catching heaps of rats in 30-50m of Whangamata on my range of slow pitch jigs.(mainly by catch as i have mainly been targeting snapper)

Hey Kev, how ironic is this I've had the opposite in that I've been targeting Kings & mostly coming away with decent snapper often in mid water around work ups.
Looking forward to deploying your jigs as soon as I get over Xmas day
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 5:36pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Kev, the SP jigs arrived today they look mint m8. Will take some pics and allocate each one a number so we will know which one were talking about.
Looking forward to getting some greenbacks attached to them.
Cheers Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete