Vladimir Putin on Muslims

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vladimir Putin on Muslims
    Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 4:17pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

No wonder he was selected by Forbes as the most powerful person in the world!!

This is one time our elected leaders should pay attention to the advice of Vladimir Putin. I would suggest that not only our leaders but every citizen of USA should pay attention to this advice. How scary is that? It is a sad day when a Communist makes more sense than our LEADERS but here it is !!!!

Vladimir Putin’s speech – SHORTEST SPEECH EVER.
On August 04, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma, (Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia:

In Russia, live like Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, it should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, and live the life of Muslim’s then we advise them to go to those places where that’s the state law.
Russia does not need Muslim minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell ‘discrimination’. We will not tolerate disrespect of our Russian culture. We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Muslims are taking over those countries and they will not take over Russia. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of Sharia Law and Muslims.
When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the Russian national interest first, observing that the Muslims Minorities Are Not Russians.
The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a five minute standing ovation.
If you keep this to yourself, you are part of the problem!
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote REIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 5:28pm
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 6:30pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Be very interesting to see if he ever actually said that.
Having seen a similar speech credited to three different Aussie p.m.s tends to make me somewhat leery of these so called "quotes"
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote leadchucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 9:15pm
leadchucker View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

And also which "Muslims" he would be bankrolling this week....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 9:28pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I hope you're right Captain, I'd hate to think I agreed with something Putin said.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 7:04am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Damn he looks cool,on that bear.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 9:18am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When in Rome, do as the Romans....
We have had many ethic and cultural groups come to this country over the last 200 yrs.
Each time they expected to and have been expected to conform with the local culture.....without issues....In saying that the local culture and ethic make has also evolved...naturally and so it should
TILL the PC BS that originally came out of California....yep had to be the US....
Now we and countries around the world have huge cultural and ethic issues simply because expectations are now that one can bring their culture, and the issues why they leave their origins, with them... and we allow that.
Im not Dutch, or german , or chinese, or indian or maori, dali, Tongan... Im a Kiwi.
So I ask what is the Kiwi culture?
Oh it is made up of (not a mixture off, note the difference..) a multi cultural society.....
Hmm is that not the problem in the middle east, Croatia, Bosnia, Sudan, Congo.....list goes on and on...
its not a race, or religious issue, its a simple matter of, decide to emigrate somewhere, then know the language, know the culture... and when in Rome do as the Romans, and the expectations of the local culture....
Otherwise go somewhere else...unless one is an over welming invading force, like the Normans in Britain.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 9:30am
Titanium
Titanium

Hard to argue with that. Doesn't seem to work that way though, does it?
I think local nz problems with Islam in particular may be largely caused by local, kiwi, converts to the religion, real fanatics, full of zeal to spread the word any way they can. Look at the isil supporters seen in the news so far here, a pakeha guy from Chch who went to Syria, but now wants to come back (screw that! He can stay there!), and a Maori bloke who converted to Islam and now is running programs in prisons seeking to convert guys there. These are the ones who would have no hesitation in attacking kiwis I think, they have already chosen to adopt a non kiwi lifestyle and passionately believe theirs is the only way.
Immigrant people have seen what the situation is like over there and have moved to escape it, I suspect most of these folks will be no problem at all. Apart from perhaps a few missionary extremist imams or whatever they call themselves, sent here to stoke the fires.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 11:59am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hmm, but when in Ukraine ... act as a ............ russian!

Oh and I think Chechnya has had a russian muslim population for over a thousand years, are they muslim or Russian. Putin seems intent on keeping them in Russia!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mullins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:56pm
Mullins View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/putinduma.asp
The last line about a standing ovation is a bit of a give-away. Bollocks internet stories always end with some kind of overcooked "this story is awesome" one-liner.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 1:20pm
Titanium
Titanium

Yup, well done Mullins, just as i suspected...a hoax. Hell I even mentioned the Aussie p.m. Links! :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 1:37pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

according to bbc history channel,turkey invaded Russia in ww1 with the intent to kill Muslims,found none so returned and killed 200thousand christians i never new,found interesting
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KikBac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 3:05pm
KikBac View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The imman at the local mosque was caught having sexual relations with a sheep. When questioned he said it was Islam and he'll do what he likes with it!
Beer: the most important meal of the day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 6:50pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The issue is not religion . muslum what ever... it PC BS  Of the age old , tried and proven adage
When in Rome Do as Romans
We have several Friends who are muslum  not an issue.. didnt actually know it for quite a while...

As mentioned above its the 'born again fanatics'  and it doesnt matter what religion that applies to
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feijoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 8:40pm
feijoa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

my view is the real cause of issues in the world are those that are a bit thick in the head and easily fall for whatever they are sold. from all sides, whatever their belief or doctrine might be. e.g. those that fall for online hoaxes that serve no purpose other than to create problems betweetn people, and repost them

and ****, we live in NZ where settlers only really started getting going a couple hundred years ago, but we certainly arent living like maoris (the romans at the time... or have we forgotten that bit)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 9:45am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hoax or not, the principle remains....that cant be missed and is the essence of the discussion... not the author
and ****, we live in NZ where settlers only really started getting going a couple hundred years ago, but we certainly arent living like maoris (the romans at the time... or have we forgotten that bit)

Nope was not forgotten
Helps when ppl actually read what the see
I repeat
Each time they expected to and have been expected to conform with the local culture.....without issues....In saying that the local culture and ethic make has also evolved...naturally and so it should
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taihoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 7:39pm
taihoa View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

its not a race, or religious issue, its a simple matter of, decide to emigrate somewhere, then know the language, know the culture... and when in Rome do as the Romans, and the expectations of the local culture....
Otherwise go somewhere else...unless one is an over welming invading force, like the Normans in Britain.

[/QUOTE]
On the language front, I agree. I saw a t shirt that read..Welcome to NZ now speak English.Well said.
On the cultural side..not so sure and I am Maori. If someone wants to learn about a different culture then that's good. If not, then please..Know Me before you judge Me and that applies to every race, creed and colour all over the world.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:32am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well put.
Bottom line if we look at cultures they work like this
We are born, family gets together has a feed, celebrates the new born.. christening whatever name applicable to each culture
We come of age, Another excuse to have a get together , a feed, and everyone says... we must stay in contact more often
We get hitched, another get together and talk about we must stay in contact more (and dont)
We have children... as above, again...
We die, another get together, "we must stay in contact more , getting older " dispose of the body.. be it burn bury , whatever.

It seems all the issues between cultures is in the ignorant intolerance of minor formalities in between the major events.....or emphasing the minor differences rather than even recognising the similarities.
Take the old testament.. same book for Jewish, Christians, Muslims.. and the Koran , much of that is so similar to the new testament, with the same ppl.

Also much of the problem is  majority, the ave family regardless of culture, dont sell newspapers...well maybe in a home cooking column on the inside back page....how to cook a old fashioned home cooked roast or curry, hangi whatever.
Nor do  the majority who are regular 'believers'...
And as example only
But the tiny handful.. say the handful of westerners who join issis....make news

The government is looking at/ watch 30/ 40 ppl going down this road in NZ
The population of NZ Muslims ..say 40,000 + (???) thats less than 0.1%
And of those how many are the radical 'born again'  type fanatics?

Im only using muslem as a example, not picking them out for any reason other than that.
The same principle applies in other cultures , groups etc.

"Know Me before you judge Me and that applies to every race, creed and colour all over the world. "
exactly...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:16pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Fishing Nazis,Let he who is without sinkers cast the first stone!!.