Android marine gps apps

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Android marine gps apps
    Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 6:05pm
like_to_strike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What apps are you guys using? I have MX Mariner but find it seriously lacking in definition as it uses linz charts and I cant seem to find navionics.

So what else is out there?

cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:52am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have a new lowrance with new Cmap.. the Cmap (linz) doesn't have the definition of the Navionics of my old humminbird..
I use the old humminbirds as gps and lowrance as sounder.

Or if u can get a larger screen  smart phone or pad with a gps sensor, load the navionics app and use that.
Open cpn, seachange also use the LINZ maps
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 11:26am
Platinum
Platinum

that's the problem, I cant find the navionics app in the google play store.

Ohwell the search continues

cheers steps
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 11:52am
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:18pm
Platinum
Platinum

dam! crashes after opening app!

thanks anyway Olfart

so close....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:20pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 11:21pm
Platinum
Platinum

The app installs but then starts to load and crashes.

Maybe ill try it on the mrs phone
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 9:00am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorted privately in PM
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 3:17pm
Platinum
Platinum

im going to try a custom rom on my s4, see if I can get it working! cheers man worked on mrs ph
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kinghitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 3:08pm
Kinghitter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by like_to_strike like_to_strike wrote:

im going to try a custom rom on my s4, see if I can get it working! cheers man worked on mrs ph

What was the result of the PM? So won't work on Android 4.4.2 out of the box? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 6:39pm
Platinum
Platinum

the result is basically use the mrs ph, its still running jelly bean 4.2.2.
on 4.4.2 I can get it to install, download data then crashes. couldn't be assed flashing a custom rom.

im going to try contact navionics about the issue as there apps charts are far better than any others on the app market, especially the sonar chart.

new app is called boating hd, I can install it by downloading it through a third party source, installs and runs fine, I start the 1 day free trial, then next day says I have an invalid licence and I cand get past the boot stage so I just assume its not built for my ph even though there site says its compatable but is no where to be found on google play.

so ive got to re install each day I want to use it,
hope this helps
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kinghitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 4:57pm
Kinghitter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by like_to_strike like_to_strike wrote:

the result is basically use the mrs ph, its still running jelly bean 4.2.2.
on 4.4.2 I can get it to install, download data then crashes. couldn't be assed flashing a custom rom.

im going to try contact navionics about the issue as there apps charts are far better than any others on the app market, especially the sonar chart.

new app is called boating hd, I can install it by downloading it through a third party source, installs and runs fine, I start the 1 day free trial, then next day says I have an invalid licence and I cand get past the boot stage so I just assume its not built for my ph even though there site says its compatable but is no where to be found on google play.

so ive got to re install each day I want to use it,
hope this helps

Cheers - yep does thought that might be the case. My s5 is still under warranty - and I've always had trouble trying to re-install the stock roms so not that keen on flashing a custom one yet either.

I'll check out boating hd and see how it goes...