Not Such A Good One

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Such A Good One
    Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 5:40pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Of late our trips have been pretty good results wise, on Thursday last I had the wheeze that there was a red spiker lurking in one of my favoured spots.

Not 200 metres from where I unloaded the scooter was the first problem

So I hoed into it with my trusty spade

45 mins later it was ready to be towed out of the way.

My spade is sharpened along one edge and is a handy tool for cutting, digging and has got me out of a few tricky spots.

Onwards to the spiker, decided to look over another promising spot, and the scooter, she no go, bugger, second problem.

The only option, walk out, hour and a half later back at the ute, lucky was all down hill as there was a fair bit of gear to carry as you never know who is going to turn up in this day and age and I was not keen on making any donations to poachers, another day wasted getting the scooter out, turned out to be a faulty kill switch, that will be bypassed tomorrow.

Can't win em all.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:22am
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bugger, I'm sure however you have a freezer full, mind you nothing quite like being out and enjoying the hunt...
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:35am
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats one heluva spade feederLOL im impressed, can't believe that.
Never good when the trusty stead gives up the ghost way out the back, ive had to replace the kill switch on mine as well, looks to be the same model.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sleek 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 7:17am
sleek 1 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

thats a pretty impressive piece of timber to cut with a spade LOL
Paitence , stealth and slyness. A hunters greatest allies
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 4:55pm
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Coulda been worse. Might have got the spiker and had to carry that out along with all the gear..
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.