fishing with Nicky

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (27) Likes(27)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fishing with Nicky
    Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 9:00pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

sooo copped an earfull from a forum lurker at the beach last week..
seems my comments about nickys story on boat backing hit a nerve.
"if youve got nothing good to say dont comment "LOL
yep,normally would tell him where togo but here we are now Big smile
my guide to catching catfood (snapper) with pics from this weeks trips.
Look grunta I'm contributing,I'm short of rum buddy how's our capt Morgan sponsorship going?

so your keen as a jelly bean ,got your 2400 ray glass,2 grands worth of rods you dont need from a "sale",more jitterbugs than top catch and its labour weekend.
so head off to somewhere far away from redbeach we dont need you..
nah joking come on up the fishings good.
where do we start.

right here,swellmap
saturdays rubbish sundays good
high tide 9.30,light winds jackpot..
where to launch ?
wenderholmes good 2 hours either side of high,so for a morning fish its mint but we need to be home at 11.30 or we wont get up the river.
other option join your rayglass buddies having backing practice at gulf hbr.
good ramp,easterly forcast so this is my pick.
what next ?
where to go ,and to make a plan.
facebooks the go,get friendly with capt damo and ocean angler and watch the videos ..
luckily ive done that for you and placed a comment on your behalf Wink (sorry Damo)
the boys are saying 42 mtrs either at the noisies or 2 north of tiri.
do we believe them ?
yep, pretty much there reps depending on there reports.
so off we go out thru the tiri channel and we see this half way to our planned 42 mtr destiny.

whoop whoop lets charge all those 250 horses right into the middle and get our 20 pdr ..
um no lets just slow down no ones here.
so the tides comming in,theres no wind .
what do we do to give ourselves the best shot at a fish?
we go up current 50 mtrs really slowly around the outside (the snapper arent going anywhere in the next 3 minutes)
were going to drift thru with the motor off casting jigs,s/bs whatever  into the area we think the birds were diving,or where the waters all bubbly and white.
look for bottom sign and mark it as we drift thru(very important)

whoop whoop, dont forget to mark bottom sign.
stop playing with it chris..wind it in man
after weve landed christophers fish were gunna head back to the marked sign.
the birds may have drifted off the spot so dont follow them there drifting with full tummies.
back to the same marked  spot do the same drift till its not producing.
when its done point all $220,000 worth of fibre glass in the direction of 42 mtrs.
so we get out to the spot and its going nuts with workups,do exactly the same as weve just done.
dont panic.
hang on weve done 2 drifts and no snapper...what the ????
theres sign everywhere,bait,kahawai,couta,dolphins whales..
an hour later still no catfood in the bin  ....
must be the boats fault LOL
no this how its been lately,frustrating as hell.
what do we do now ?
we drive around the 42 mtr line looking for sign,thats where the fish are weve watched the reports.

bingo,forget the depth thats my secret spot lets pretend its 42 mtrs
And stand on your head as the photos upside down.
so were not shure what it is what do we do,we mark the sign on the plotter,we go up current and we drift it,we watch the plotter and were trying to drift over the spot weve marked,use 100 gram lures and drag the spot.
this will give us bottom time dragging thru the sign
we want to find out what it is and if there hungry.

yep there snapper,weve got a pannie lets catch them all.
go back and start drift again,we can now cast at them ahead of drift,or drag our jitter bugs thru..
remember we want to take advantage of this it may not last,dont clean the kitchen in the rayglass or do the vacuming...throw lead at them.
watch the sounder and plotter,our drift will change and we need to change to counteract it.
if its a fast drift put out a drouge,we want a slow drift to keep us in the zone longer.
say weve only pulled a few snapper,the tides turned, lets hit the workups again and see if things have changed,head off back to where you last saw them.
if you see birds flying in a dirrection follow them..

yep that will do,weve got a few time to cruise back to the ramp at 55 miles per hour,dont worry about those other boats just fang it past them and wave nicely Wink
remember ice is a must,its $5 a bag dont be a cheap ass.
heres a shot of last nights fish.

and the night before

yes ice was comming,just reshuffling the fish after "cod"made a sh it of a mess with his bloody kingfish,dont put them on the carpet ya muppet.

awesome evenings ,winds been dropping away.

so get out there but be carefull,i saw 2 blokes last night in a small boat somewhere they shouldnt of been.
and i regret not stopping and having a yarn and maybe following them into safety.
the fishings good now,the last few days its picked up with a morning bite from 8 ish till 11am then again in the avo from 3ish til late.
every day its improving,no doubt soon it will be an all day bite.
workups are moving around but generally in 30 to 50 mtrs between tiri and flatrock.
and down into whanga bay,out to motuora and right down off orewa.
if youve got a small boat the gurnard have been in the bays in 2 to 3 mtrs of water.
catch them on light s/bs .
im getting them off orewa in 3 mtrs on crazy legs new penny and getting lots of them.
good size as well

2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Billy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 9:17pm
Billy! View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Oh no he di'int...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skidoggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 11:10pm
skidoggg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

aaaarrrr time to blow the cobwebs off hotspot n loadup on sum spring snaps cheers for the report mate mite see ya out there sat avo ..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 11:20pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Ski, there's gurnard in 3m off Orewa! Bugga the snaps Big smile. Going fishing in the morning and I'm drunk as. That early starts not looking good. Of2, I have to be honest here, I had trouble following your post. Is it my drunkeness or yours?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 11:29pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Ski, there's gurnard in 3m off Orewa! Bugga the snaps Big smile. Going fishing in the morning and I'm drunk as. That early starts not looking good. Of2, I have to be honest here, I had trouble following your post. Is it my drunkeness or yours?

You think you've got issues I got there drinking 2% beer flavoured like grapefruit...thanks db export,hey um grunta how's our DB sponsorship going and do they need a taste tester ?
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 11:43pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hehe it's not bad that citrus stuff eh? Anyway I'm getting stuck into some 'Wild Moose' & I feel like an honorary westie.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 5:24am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Go get E'm smudge! Booze Bus set up in Mokau yesterday, could see all the happenings from home, road busy as with travellers. They got a few over! O2Fish nice fish'n, great Photo's. Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 6:48am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

o2fish,nice report ,awesome fish,take my kids next time.they can get blood and scales in unimaginable places on a boat,even get blood and stuff on the lunch after cleaning hands.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 8:10am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha top report Wayne it did leave me pondering how many shandies you had before you wrote it!LOL
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 8:16am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Haha top report Wayne it did leave me pondering how many shandies you had before you wrote it!LOL

Shandies now come in a bottle,and are purchased with the groceries so there for classed as part of my 5 + a day....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 8:41am
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha. Classic wayne. Great report and photos. The fishing is certainly picking up. Gonna be a good feed between those 2 bins
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 8:53am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Hey Wayne - nice report - thanks and some good fish there. That DB Export Citrus is good isn't it!  All you need is about a dozen people to thank your report and you could win a pair of Maui Jims.....  Currently top report for the month has 11 'thanks' and second has 9....
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 9:17am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

o2fish,nice report ,awesome fish,take my kids next time.they can get blood and scales in unimaginable places on a boat,even get blood and stuff on the lunch after cleaning hands.

Yes I'm finding that out now,don't usually bring home many fish maybe 2 ,couple of guys have had the need for a few more than 2 lately,and getting home late the boats not getting much love with the hose .
My wife must of noticed as there's 2 litres of disinfectant on the workbench
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 9:18am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

Hey Wayne - nice report - thanks and some good fish there. That DB Export Citrus is good isn't it!  All you need is about a dozen people to thank your report and you could win a pair of Maui Jims.....  Currently top report for the month has 11 'thanks' and second has 9....

Loving it Grant,good drop of beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gottafew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 9:30am
Gottafew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Like your report..
When people ask me how we got on I say..Yeah We Gottafew.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 11:32am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Enjoyed reading that Wayne. Top report.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 2:31pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done - great report.

$220,000 worth of Rayglass..............haha!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 9:48pm
DIY! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

GGreat report. Wanted to say thanks but being on my phone the thanks button is missing. Maybe the admin can post on  Grunta?
http://www.actionstations.co.nz

Berkley 2009 and 2010 S/B champ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 10:10pm
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Even though you lured me in with false advertising in the thread title you get a thanks from me purely for not making any sense .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 10:28pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by the angler the angler wrote:

Even though you lured me in with false advertising in the thread title you get a thanks from me purely for not making any sense .

The day I make sense is still a long way off
Page  12>