Backcountry Solo **Video Clip**

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Backcountry Solo **Video Clip**
    Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 6:15pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hard day at the office yesterday...

https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tmmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 6:38pm
tmmo View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That was great to watch. Thanks for sharing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 7:08pm
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Same standard as always. Superb!
www.clarkreid.co.nz   FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 7:14pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cool Very nice
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 7:27pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah very nice mang, check ma fone, no missed calls...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 8:04pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"check ma fone, no missed calls..."

The walk in would kill ya buddy! Cheers Clark, Tmmo and Muppet, glad you liked it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 8:13pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's great Andrew -

Pity you didn't get a shot at that fish at around 3.30 something.....

Cool video mate.Thumbs Up
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 8:16pm
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

A+

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 8:17pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers Kev, it was insanely deep, I know it doesn't look it in the clip, but an easy 7-8 feet down, I did put a few drifts over it but moved on and just watched it instead as I still get a ton of enjoyment from just watching them in their environment, it was a really big fish. Had some real girth.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 9:33pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Seriously? You did that yesterday... Im speachless .. Was sitting in the office looking out on a flat calm harbour jealously knowing you were going for a stroll.. but thats another level of epicness.

Big ups on the creative, thoughtfull angles and editing Drew.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 9:35pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sweet vid! wish I could do the same..Cry Might visit Wellywood someday.
Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger. –Herbert Hoover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote peterdb1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 9:42pm
peterdb1971 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Top quality video as ever Andrew. My brother bought me a head mounted camera at the end of last season so apologies up front for some beginner attempts through the season.Wacko
Bring on the long weekend...Smile 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 9:50pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gotta start somewhere mate, my first attempts we're shockers, but it's pretty easy to be honest once you've done a few. I can edit out a full days fishing in 2-3 hours now

Hard part is soundtrack... 1. finding something most people like... 2. finding something that is royalty free! Everytime I record myself, the expletives are shocking, every second work starts with 'f' and that's when I'm trying to be concious of it!!

Matt, I very nearly went out in the boat, Snapper are in out West finally.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 10:14pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Snapper out west (and in the harbour ..wink), I hear that too Mate...

Did I pick up a sly hint of  cicada in yr soudtrack?... Piped in if I did but its a sound that gets me weak at the knees.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cresco750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 9:14am
Cresco750 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Well, I for one find your videos disturbing - and I've watched them all; several times.
Disturbing, because they are a vivid reminder of what I was missing out on in the eight or so years that I lived in Wellington, prior to my interest in flyfishing being rekindled!
I used to drive up the Hutt motorway and see guys standing in the river and think "bloody idiots"! But after watching your series of excellent vids it makes me realise what was right on my doorstep.

I'll be heading down to Kaitoke around Xmas, and this time I'll be packing my rod!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 9:25am
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Cresco750 Cresco750 wrote:

Well, I for one find your videos disturbing - and I've watched them all; several times.
Disturbing, because they are a vivid reminder of what I was missing out on in the eight or so years that I lived in Wellington, prior to my interest in flyfishing being rekindled!
I used to drive up the Hutt motorway and see guys standing in the river and think "bloody idiots"! But after watching your series of excellent vids it makes me realise what was right on my doorstep.

I'll be heading down to Kaitoke around Xmas, and this time I'll be packing my rod!

I'm almost certain most of these videos are actually shot just out of Whangarei... There is no decent fishingaround Wellington or the Wairarapa and out of towners should just accept that and move on. WinkLOLLOLLOL
www.clarkreid.co.nz   FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 9:27am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Cresco, it's a very untapped region for sure, the whole Hutt river system is amazing and plenty fish round the region you'll be visiting. You summed it up beautifully, most don't know what is on their doorstep, rather they drive for hours to reach fisheries with far smaller fish in general.

Matt, you're right!.... but sorry to dash your hopes, recorded that last season, it's just a background ambient river noise, quite like it... BUT!!! YES I did hear a couple chirping away, so not to far away for those chubby wee bright green fella's we seem to get early season here.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cresco750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 12:43pm
Cresco750 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

My favorite of your vids would have to be the "Finest back country rivers" one. I think I can guess which river it might be, although I've never been there myself.
Thanks for your considerate selection of music and editing - personally I think nothing spoils vids more than when they are full of guys shouting WOOHOO and high-fiving each other every time they catch a fish, all to the soothing sound of Metallica!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fergie82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 1:38pm
fergie82 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Awesome vid as usual, great stuff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Norseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 3:55pm
Norseman View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just loved the video, and those wee fish! Thumbs Up
"Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength." St. Francis de Sales
Page  12>