Bunch of rods & reels for sale

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bunch of rods & reels for sale
    Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 6:51am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Posting up some gear for sale here on behalf of Mike Somerville. There are some goodies in there that will interest a lot of people. I'm fairly sure the Sages all retain their warranties as second hand purchases.

The Horizons are very nice rods and that is a cheap price for picking up a quality 10 or 12. No warranties on the Horizons but they're not twigs at that size.

Contact Mike on 027 2931900 or e-mail [email protected]

RODS

Sage X1-3 - 10
$650

Sage X1-3 - 11
$650

Sage 47-11
$150

Horizon 10
$200

Horizon 12
$200

Sage SP+
$250

Sage SP+
$250

RPLX-i 8
$200

Sage RPL 7
$200

CD Downunder
$150

REELS

Abel TR2
$200
Spare spool
$50

Orvis Battenkill 7/8
$100
Spare spool
$50

Ross Saltwater
$250
Spare spool
$50

System 2
$100

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 11:33am
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Craig Worthington Craig Worthington wrote:

RPLX-i 8
$200

Gold Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mike.Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 2:47pm
Mike.Thomas View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep, +1 for Millsy's comment, you cant better an RPL or an RPLX! If I had a spare couple of hundred I'd be all over that!
All the best.
Mike
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 11:45am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

It looks like Sage are no longer fixing rods at warranty price for second-hand purchases. You can still get rods fixed, but unless you can show proof of purchase from a shop then it will cost you around $200.

Sorry for any confusion with regard to this.

Personally I think it was something to be expected. It makes no business sense at all to be fixing old models, and even less sense to be fixing them on warranty. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 12:31pm
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Those RPLXI's were tough as nails... this is a NINE weight on an estimated 35 Kilo Blue Shark... bit of a bend there....

Al was a bit tuckered after that.....

The XI2  XI3 and the new saltwater are all just as tougher, or tougher, but have more refined actions, but value for money be hard to beat those rods at those prices.
www.clarkreid.co.nz   FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swoffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 12:38pm
swoffer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I agree totally. The Xi2 and Xi3 rods would have done the job for ever, but such is the nature of commerce, new models must be produced......so that tackle junkies like me just have to have the latest model....those are good deals, for sure.
"The more people I meet, the more I love my dog......"

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swoffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 12:40pm
swoffer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Whoops! Shouldn't post on the run.....I was referring to the RPLXi models. I still have them and use with confidence. They are 3 pc, so not as good for travel o'seas.
"The more people I meet, the more I love my dog......"