Snaps 15-20lb Plus!Mokau.

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Couta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 8:35pm
Couta View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Absolutely awesome!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramcoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 8:40pm
ramcoed View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mean bro!jealous much! Faaaaaaaaaaaark yeah!
limit your catch not catch your limit!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 8:58pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done Geoff, awesome snapper as usual
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 9:35pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

nice one as usual geoff, all that effort catching those BOI snappers and making out you caught them in the naki aye ;-p

think ive asked you this before, but are they the LL version of the penn ssv you are using?

true small boat snapper legend.
Hi FF, Iv'e mentioned in another post i run standard Penn ssv's 850's. Plenty of Grunt for the xox snaps, and a very smooth strong drag. I prever letting drag run without the baitrun system controlling it with a gloved hand and grip it when your ready to strike. Then i adjust drag to fish size and let the fun begin!! Wots with BOI Snaps, Don't get it? Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 9:47pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

dont worry it was just my lack of humour, just that everyone catches fish up there ;-p. mokau will get flooded with these kinds of reports lol.

yep i remember having that chat as i do the same thing but was contemplating getting a bait runner, but have stayed using a normal egg beater with the drag open and tightening it upon striking the same as you do. still the ssv ll are very nice, the whole line up feel so strong and precise. especially for the money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 6:12am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

dont worry it was just my lack of humour, just that everyone catches fish up there ;-p. mokau will get flooded with these kinds of reports lol.

yep i remember having that chat as i do the same thing but was contemplating getting a bait runner, but have stayed using a normal egg beater with the drag open and tightening it upon striking the same as you do. still the ssv ll are very nice, the whole line up feel so strong and precise. especially for the money.
Cool FF, probably showed my lack of humour to the point,lol. Since joining forrum FF, posting reports on Mokau over last three years, theres only been maybe three boats that have been in contact with me that have fished, besides all the locals. And one of them were the Milwalkie Boys, who are coming Back!!! I think the Bar scares alot off, not easy when sea up a bit. Would never take a boat my size over it, thats why i pick the calm breaks along beach to launch.Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 9:35am
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki-Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 12:45pm
Naki-Fisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Dam I wish I could cast out there well done mate
yea ha.
The 20lb+ Snapper club No Longer Eludes me Broken with a 12kg new PB
Goal for the next 12 months: catch another 20lb+ Snap and watch it swim away
Hook a King LB here in the Naki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 2:38pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great fishing.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ocean90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 5:25pm
ocean90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just right size room in there for you and the snapper! good one man
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 5:59pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by ocean90 ocean90 wrote:

Just right size room in there for you and the snapper! good one man
Cheers ocean 90. Quite proud of wot i achieve out of wot my brother calls a Bathtub! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deepblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 7:54pm
deepblue View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great fishing, and pix to prove it - well done, jealous ! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 8:14pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Geoff, showing us how its done.Thumbs Up
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 8:45pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

God help us if he ever starts chasing those big strippies just out past his close in spot. Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 9:56pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

God help us if he ever starts chasing those big strippies just out past his close in spot. Wink
Not a chance krow! Snapper fish'n where its at for Me! Cheers.
Page  <12