Cheap House

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap House
    Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 4:08pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The property crash hit some areas of the USA harder than we can imagine

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11339855
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 2:35pm
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It's fair to say that as much as govt goes on about the recession we did not go through anything like they did in Europe or the States.

I was just in Hawaii and the homeless numbers there must be massive as they are everywhere!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 2:44pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

when I was in Florida last year there were lots of stopped building projects around. you got the feeling that things were pretty bleak.

having said that, Detroit has been dying for a long time. a lot longer then this current crisis.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 5:28pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

From what I remember, Detroit City Council went bankrupt a couple of years ago.

You wouldn't want to send your worst mate there - actually.....there's a thought.
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed