Shimano Beastmaster 9000 2014 model

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shimano Beastmaster 9000 2014 model
    Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 5:09pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone know when these might finally get to NZ - or if they are here who is selling them? 

I see they are available online...am thinking of upgrading one of the reels...got a few options but was keen to play with the Shimano model if thats possible.  Anyone? 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 11:53am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ive heard they're here...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 2:04pm
Nomis View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeh mate they are here, just hit up your local!
I'll act my age when im 69
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 2:05pm
Nomis View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I was using one last week and gave i death! held up extremely well and delt to some nice fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 6:58pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Will be interesting to compare it to all the other e reels. How much line did u have on it Nomis? Im interested to know how much 65lb or 85lb whiplash itll take. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 9:52am
Nomis View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

will take over 1000m of 65lb mate. I had 900+ meters of 80lb power pro on it, specs of it availabe on the Shimano NZ site mate. Beast reel!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skipjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 9:52am
Skipjack View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

They are two different reels the NZ ones are lower spec from what i can see.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 8:31am
Nomis View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Skipjack Skipjack wrote:

They are two different reels the NZ ones are lower spec from what i can see.

There are 2 versions mate, the Plays and the Best master, Beast master 2014 model is the same world wide exact as you see in Japan. The plays is a different model all together and will cost you $500 - $600 less, so yeh it doesn't quite have the same specs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 10:16am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My understanding is that there are 2 beastmasters too. The one released in japan in april with gigamax motor etc and the model prior. There are quite a few of the older model still kicking around for sale as new...worth checking to get the latest one i reckon as ive heard significant improvements have been made in the new one
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 11:08am
Nomis View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Davo Davo wrote:

My understanding is that there are 2 beastmasters too. The one released in japan in april with gigamax motor etc and the model prior. There are quite a few of the older model still kicking around for sale as new...worth checking to get the latest one i reckon as ive heard significant improvements have been made in the new one

Yeh mate, well that is the older model  beastmaster 2011 i believe (was a Japan mdoel as well)- Has the Silver handle, new 2014 model is the Gigmax model (has gold alloy handle). which is sold in NZ as well as world wide
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonty.m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 10:53am
jonty.m View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

ive got the new shimano beastmaster 2014 with gigamax motor
 a mate brought it home from japan for me last month any one got there hands on a English manual i cant get a copy of it anywhere shimano nz says this model hasnt reached nz yet..
www.facebook.com/addictionfishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 7:53pm
Nomis View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by jonty.m jonty.m wrote:

ive got the new shimano beastmaster 2014 with gigamax motor
 a mate brought it home from japan for me last month any one got there hands on a English manual i cant get a copy of it anywhere shimano nz says this model hasnt reached nz yet..

they have been here for 4-5 months mate.