Little Mac Slays a 30! Mokau.

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hawkster001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 12:27pm
Hawkster001 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice One Geoff Thumbs Up
Fish..Fish...Fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 2:42pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Frickin unreal fishing Geoff. My mate in Ohura needs to get his arse over there.LOL
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 3:46pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Top fish Geoff. Those Mokau snaps must get nervous when they hear the sound of wee Mac turning up..... 

Congratulations on top billing for the Fishing Comp snnaper leaderboard too.  Geoff has 3 fish in the top 6 on the all time Hall of fame including the top place with a 94cm Goliath.

Interestingly the IGFA world length record is 78cm. In the DB Export NZ Fishing Comp we already have over 50 snapper that are longer than that 'World Record'.

More here:  http://www.fishingcomp.co.nz/hall-of-fame/

Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 4:04pm
Dave A View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well done Geoff, thats a biggie even by your standards!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 5:46pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

Top fish Geoff. Those Mokau snaps must get nervous when they hear the sound of wee Mac turning up..... 

Congratulations on top billing for the Fishing Comp snnaper leaderboard too.  Geoff has 3 fish in the top 6 on the all time Hall of fame including the top place with a 94cm Goliath.

Interestingly the IGFA world length record is 78cm. In the DB Export NZ Fishing Comp we already have over 50 snapper that are longer than that 'World Record'.

More here:  http://www.fishingcomp.co.nz/hall-of-fame/
Cheers Grunta!Thats all the snaps hear! when i cut the motor its silent fishing like the Kayak Boys, Both plastic no noise! Definitely contributes to my success as i fish mostly in the shallows.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramcoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 7:22pm
ramcoed View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Bring on labour weekend and flat seas for my 2 weeks off! good to catch up saterday bro and cheers for the cc!
Big snap bro!
limit your catch not catch your limit!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 7:31pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Whoa!..normal transmission resumes.
primo geoff.
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ohsoslow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 7:54pm
Ohsoslow View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That's unreal!!! Awesome fish Geoff!! I caught a 03 pounder once.. :p
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 8:07pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We're all envious of that one, well done.
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 11:25pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mean fish!!! well done

Naki is a special place for sure, some monsters down that way. bit like the waves.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TW2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 12:35pm
TW2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work there Geoff.  Heading back out next weekend to try get the Far North back at No 1 on that Fishingcomp.co.nz website!Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Prolifik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 12:42pm
The Prolifik View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Wicked!! Hopefully we got some of them moochers down here in HB ... that is and would be one hella catch!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeachedAsBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 12:54pm
BeachedAsBro View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great fish and a bloody pleasing solo effort I'm sure.

Out of interest - what depth do you consider shallows? When I fish in 1.5 - 3.0m I refer to this as fishing the shallows. Then I hear some guys talking about 10 - 20m as shallows? I guess it comes down to what you're used to.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise we can't eat money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 2:19pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome fish well done, some of the grizzlers should have a look in the average trawl shot at this time of year, to see how many of these biggies get bowled over, not just one or two but hundreds.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ocean90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 3:31pm
ocean90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice one dude once again!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki-Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 6:40pm
Naki-Fisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done Geoff
I can vouch that Geoff and all the guys I have fished with down here in the Naki tend to put a lot back you must understand I have Been out with Geoff 3 times and the smallest snap we have caught when we have fished together is around 4-5kg, His spots and technique seam to work on the big boys. He as with others down here put a lot of time into catching these snaps WHEN WEATHER ALLOWS and are rewarded by catching them, They are also happy to share techniques and secrets so please if you have not got anything positive to say please keep the negative stuff to yourself.

The 20lb+ Snapper club No Longer Eludes me Broken with a 12kg new PB
Goal for the next 12 months: catch another 20lb+ Snap and watch it swim away
Hook a King LB here in the Naki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 10:12pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done Geoff, you have certainly got that place and technique sorted Big thumbs up from me.Thumbs Up 
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 4:15am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by BeachedAsBro BeachedAsBro wrote:

Great fish and a bloody pleasing solo effort I'm sure.

Out of interest - what depth do you consider shallows? When I fish in 1.5 - 3.0m I refer to this as fishing the shallows. Then I hear some guys talking about 10 - 20m as shallows? I guess it comes down to what you're used to.
Hi BeachedAsBro, 1.5 - 3.00m deep is very shallow! Couldn't Do that here would be washed against the cliffs, or back up on beach.My Shallow fish'n 10-15 metres at mo, under 10 in summer months. Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bush billy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 9:34am
bush billy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

To good Geoff, nice fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 8:49pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bloody awesome Geoff, Must be something with the Macs, When I had mine I caught a shet load of fish, Upgraded to a slightly bigger tinny and my catch rate has dropped considerably. probably a noise thing I think.
Page  <123>