Gamefishing Updates - Hohoura to The 3 Kings

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gamefishing Updates - Hohoura to The 3 Kings
    Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 4:22pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Game-fishing reports, updates, pics here and good luck for the 2014-2015 season.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fishermen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 5:57pm
Fishermen View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just returned from a few days at the Kings ,good news is that there is yellowfin tuna,xos albies and striped marlin already in attendance ,looks like it's going to be a good season up there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 9:34pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When was there never?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 12:51am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fishb8 Fishb8 wrote:

When was there never?

Ive been there a few times and never seen a yellowfin
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 6:39am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

When was there never?

Actually, me too but plenty of the others!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 9:30am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

When was there never?

Actually, me too but plenty of the others!

Pretty early for the sort of action these guys saw up there Roy,hopefully fisherman elaborates a bit more
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishermen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 8:59pm
Fishermen View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Raised and caught marlin 2 of the 4 days we fished the bank,and got 6 yellowfin
Water temperature ranged from 15 to 19 degrees and changed per minute with the mean currents from the full moon
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Drakar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 7:08am
Drakar1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well done Fishermen.
Was this at King or Middle bank?
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 7:20pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Did a big day off hohora. Pretty quiet
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Westlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:07am
Westlander View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Plenty of Alberts and Skippies yesterday off Houhora. 2 marlin strikes on a lumo but didn't hook up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:59am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

42 stripey's in 5 days at the Kings.  Text from Grant Dixon, Editor NZ Fishing News Magazine received this morning.  " "Hi Grant, just on way down coast from insane five days on King Bank. 42 stripies...."  I wonder where a few of the bigger boats will be heading for the Nationals??? More details to follow no doubt.
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:11am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

^^^^ Wow, like the bad old good days of the 90's Grunta I hope they come down the coast in the same concentration, it's only 1st Feb so the next two months should fire up everywhere.

Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:31am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bugga...won't be going there this year....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:53am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Omg .thats world class marlin fishing .
What boat was that on grant ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 10:35am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Primetime with John Gregory. It has the hint of those great few years of the 90's AC, that's for sure. 

I remember being with Guy J on Outer limits on King Bank back then when we were just starting to get our heads around tease/switching. In 3 days we had 18 stripeys and that was the experience of a lifetime - something that's firmly etched into the old hard drive that's for sure.

Let's hope the fish hang around in numbers for a few months and that plenty make their way down both coasts over the season.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:07am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I reckon Grunta - If I had a smaller boat up there not really a Kings boat I would be hammering the grounds off De-Surville cliffs over the next month.
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:16am
Titanium
Titanium

He is the man , just finished John Angus book chronicles of a bill fisherman , damn good read with the majority of it written about long days and sleepless nights on PRIMETIME .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:28am
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

I want some!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:54am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Raging Bull Raging Bull wrote:

I want some!
I'd settle for half that!

John Gregory is a fishing machine
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 12:57pm
Titanium
Titanium

Just got a txt from John that the PRIMETIME special dredge that I made for him is a bit beaten up and worse for wear...........

Apparently marlin like it .
Page  123 4>