NSFF - tuesday night guest - Matto

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NSFF - tuesday night guest - Matto
    Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 10:29am
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

North Shore Fly Fishers have invited me to speak on Tuesday 16th September 7.30 , all welcome. I will be spilling the beans on how easy it is to catch saltwater fish on fly and talk about Aucklands first dedicated saltflyfish-ing charter boat. I will be bringing the boat over before the talk and some of the gear I use,for a chat and a cast on the lawn outside the club rooms.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 10:34am
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good to hear, Matto. I'll be there for sure. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 7:46am
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Milford Cruising Club, 24 Craig Rd, Milford, Auckland. I am going over about 6pm , to have a cast on the lawn before if anyone wants to join me. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 3:04pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Good on ya Matto Should be an interesting talk.

I'll be thinking of you as I pack my bags...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 3:41pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Craig , I will trade places ? Hope you have a really bad trip , since your last one was so damn good (Wink ) . I never have much time to get really organised for these sorts of talks , however I was thinking about how easy it is to forget  the many little bits of information we have all pieced together and worked out ourselves, and that unless you have a bunch of experienced mates and then put some serious time in , it can be hard to have confidence in the salt. I will be covering the basics and hopefully encouraging a few of those trouty's to be flinging saltwater flies from locations like Milford foreshore! I presume you are packing for Aitutaki again ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 4:35pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Yep, Aitutaki.

My only advice re: talks - is write down the main subjects you want to deal with and keep referring back to them - it's very easy to follow unexpected tangents when a bit of discussion gets going and people like Millsy and Gordy start heckling from the cheap seats . All too easy to forget were you were. Mind you - I'm only talking from my vast experience of having done about two
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 5:49pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Naaaaaaaaaaa, there wasting there time Matto,
Aint no fish in the shallows of the East Coast bays,
Move along there fellas,
Nothing to seeLOL,

Stick to the pellet fed hatchery trout of Rotorua I sayEvil Smile
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 6:45pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ok , that will make my talk some what easier , short and sweet . 
Saltwater fly fishing in Auckland - "yeah , nah"Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 8:43pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good luck mate - pity I wasn't over this time.

Next time.......
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 2:41pm
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Rats' cocks! I can't make it after all, Matto. 

I'm sure it will go well. Having given a talk myself there, I can say that they are a great bunch. One tip: the ceiling is too low to demonstrate casting!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 8:30am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

So how'd the talk go Matto? Bit of good wind there in the evening for the casting practice.