Tow rig options for around 10g

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Toyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tow rig options for around 10g
    Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:41pm
Toyz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

So I'm in the market for a new vehicle and wanting to get something under or around 10 grand
needs to be 4wd for beach launching and ideally diesel as well.
Was just wondering what people would think would be a decent option.
I'm currently looking at post 1995 surfs and 2000-ish mazda bounty's and ford couriers and was wondering if there's any other decent options I'm blatantly missing.
Any advice or opinions on the above would be appreciated.
Cheers!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:49pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Should get a high kms Prado KZJ diesel '96-'2000 for around $10k, well worth buying even up to 400'000+kms. Fantastic vehicles for family and recreation IMO and exceptional reliability. Get intercooled, NZ ones we're not intercooled until about '99, all the jap ones are.
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 10:23am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cant go wrong with the 3.0 diesel 1KZTE hilux
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote woodsy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:10pm
woodsy13 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

check the buy/sell forum...pretty reasonable looking prado in there i spied!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 9:37am
Peter_Hunter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yes i have a 1KZ 1997 prado 3.0 diesel Turbo for sale, 220ks done, asking for 11.5k ono. Price is negotiable.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 10:54am
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep put Peter onto this thread last night, glad you found the thread :-) Good luck to you both either way. Might not suit the buyer, but looks a reasonable buy on paper to me. I love the 3 litre turbo diesel, had one in a lux in OZ.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 4:53pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

3.1 diesel Bighorn....
Out of interest, while out driving count the number of ISUZU wizards, bighhorns, mui on the roads and the number of others that sort of fall into the category u are looking at from at era ..and then consider why there are far more bighorns than all the other put together
Do it over several days, keep a rough mental count
The nissans, minstrals ie those under 3L are all a bit under powered.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 10:37am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Y60 patrol/safari, or 80 series landcruiser. two of the best tow wagons imo.