Passing it on

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barbary B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passing it on
    Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 10:24am
Barbary B View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone with a 13 year old boy knows what a handful they can be - gone is the little chap you used to push on the swing and read stories to at night - replaced with a hormonal boy-man who drives his mother up the wall and takes everything you say with bucket loads of salt.

But the good thing is - he is now big enough to take river fishing! Strides across the current and loves bacon and egg pie.

We drove down in the landy to the TT early morning to get there at dawn. Got him kitted up and walked up to a nice right hander with no rear obstacles. With 20 minutes he was casting into a likely spot.

25 minutes later and he hooked into this...

I wasn't even in the water - he fought it and took a nice 4 lb brown on the nymph.

He hooked and landed another 4 over the weekend !

Great father and son bonding experience.
"Look ahead, look astern, look to weather, look to lea
Look down along the coast of High Barbary..."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 10:33am
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one , can't wait to do the same .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EditB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 11:49am
EditB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome, mine are still a little too young for the early mornings (read: lots of tears at 6:30am because it was -4C beside the river... Embarrassedoops) but looking forward to shots like this with mine!
I do not lie about fishing, I willingly participate in a campaign of misinformation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 8:45am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's awesome! Hooked for life I hope now! Really can't to get my boy into it, however still a bit young and might be hard to double haul holding an iPad...
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk'd_again Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 7:06pm
skunk'd_again View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by flyfisher flyfisher wrote:

That's awesome! Hooked for life I hope now! Really can't to get my boy into it, however still a bit young and might be hard to double haul holding an iPad...

Maybe when you're making him watch your vids you could use the mute button (could be that..... royalty free music putting him off, mind you it's no worse than what the youngsters are listening to today. LOL

Good stuff mate, 4lb is a cracking start. My first was a leaf, followed by an array of sad looking midgets.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 8:23pm
CA View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey ... It's great brave boy...
I am unable to do this right now even Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 11:00pm
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Magic stuff