So while Kezza's in Oz...

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Resacobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So while Kezza's in Oz...
    Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 8:56am
Resacobi View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Figured a few of the f.net faithful would be keen to know that all round good guy and well known fishing whore, Kezza, will be on The ITM Fishing Show this Saturday. It's a blast from the past, harking back to the very first episode in fact, and it's pretty cool to see how much, and how little, has really changed in the last eleven years. 

Enjoy

Saturday 5.00pm TV ONE. 

PS Not sure if Brandon is a F.net member but the original crew is back together and he's there as well. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 11:38am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Blast from the past all right.

Does anyone else remember the fnet faithful gathering at a pub out west (was it the Cock and Bull?) to view the first episode - the sense of excitement that here was something that would liven up the stuffy and, quite frankly boring, fishing shows that were on at the time.

I also  recall deep discussions with Kezza at a pissup at Billfish's place and his concern that TVNZ were playing hardballl with them over the show. I believe my advice was "feck the raitings, just produce good quality."

The team at that time was pretty much Matt and Kezza and they worked bloody hard to give us something different and exciting. It varied each week...and it was good.

Congratulations to all concerned on what is still the best fishing show around.
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 12:46pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

yep Kezza and i where heading out fishing in my boat to Horn Rock when he said have a look at this and tell me what you think, it was some of the raw footage shot from that first show,
well i nearly fell over, i had lots of footage of fish being caught on film, infact had produced a 3hr Video which was being hired out at Just Fishing at the time, but this was unbelievable footage of snapper taking baits right in front of the camera,
wow Kezza that is mind blowing footage i said, he said we thinking of producing a TV Show....
well the rest is history and they certainly deserve to be were they are today, 11 years is bloody exceptional really when you consider how many shows are out there now...
keep up the great work guys and will be looking forward to watching this Saturday for sure...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 7:48pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Bender Bender wrote:

Blast from the past all right.

Does anyone else remember the fnet faithful gathering at a pub out west (was it the Cock and Bull?) to view the first episode - the sense of excitement that here was something that would liven up the stuffy and, quite frankly boring, fishing shows that were on at the time.

I also  recall deep discussions with Kezza at a pissup at Billfish's place and his concern that TVNZ were playing hardballl with them over the show. I believe my advice was "feck the raitings, just produce good quality."

The team at that time was pretty much Matt and Kezza and they worked bloody hard to give us something different and exciting. It varied each week...and it was good.

Congratulations to all concerned on what is still the best fishing show around.

It was at a pub in Lynfield.... maybe the C&B. I was there along with a horde of other fnetters..... very exciting times. It was the underwater footage of a snapper taking a live kahawai that was the highlight. Add to that the cheeky grin of the skinny presenter and Kezza's god like status on here.... twas a fine night ..with beer!

Back in those days the forum was an amazing place - as it is now  -and Kezza was very inspirational - still is of course. MW soon grew to legendary status within the NZ fishing scene. I still get a buzz from watching that show. It will be so good to see the original again.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 9:12am
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Chairs airs!! Thanks for the comments but in all seriousness it's still just a couple of lads doing what we are passionate about and hopefully as well as paying the bills in our respective roles we get 'recreational' fishing out to a bigger audience and show positiveness.

Matt and the team are doing amazing things on that front and long may it continue. The 11years on show should be a goody....got the band back together!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 10:39am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looking forward to tonights show Thumbs Up
I watched the first show ( didn't realise it was till this thread ) the other night on the Fishing for Snapper DVD .

COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 11:13pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Was a great show, neat idea and well worth watching. Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 11:21pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I enjoyed tonights show as much as the rugby. Great night!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 11:24pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

hard to nail 30lb fish on camera that swallow whole Kahawai, 2003,
but i am not complaining still some excellent fish in that 1hr episode to make it really exciting,
the underwater shoots are still up there and all round fishing is good, glade to see your not throwing everything back as well these days otherwise why would you go fishing...
well done guys, was definitely worth watching....Thumbs Up  
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 7:48am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good show tonite,is it true the camera puts on 10kgs Kezza ?
Your starting to look like me
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 12:31pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great Show, enjoyed it..... "Hot box" Kezza... westside 4 eva

12 years... man, time just gets faster and faster

Cheers

Wefaknis
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Resacobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 8:44am
Resacobi View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers all

If you missed it because of that beautiful day here's the OnDemand link… http://tvnz.co.nz/the_itm_fishing_show/video
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 2:44pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

One of the most enjoyable I have watched in a while :) 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 4:17pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I remember the cock and bull session, well most of it. You're right Smudge this place is still great but a bit different from the early days.
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lalandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 9:27pm
lalandi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I remember that session too. Ahhhh, the good ole days!

So you're a feminist... How cute
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 9:31pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Holy cows, hiya Lalandi, hows you been?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 9:40pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by lalandi lalandi wrote:

giday Chris~~long time..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 9:23am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by lalandi lalandi wrote:

Yep - As the boys ask, Where's ya been ??
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 12:29pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

what you up to lalandi, been such a long time mate??????
hope your going to hang around...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lalandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 9:40pm
lalandi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey team, still in Christchurch with the family. Still passionate about fishing. Still breaking rods. I was very surprised i remembered my log in details. Might just start contributing again, I used to thoroughly enjoy it. Changed a bit though eh!

I really enjoyed this episode, editing was slick and typically good footage. Bet ya Kezzas tld5 has been thoroughly washed, dried, bubble wrapped and secured.
So you're a feminist... How cute
Page  12>