wanted to buy foam padding

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Getting jiggy with it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wanted to buy foam padding
    Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 7:41am
Getting jiggy with it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi there

Does anyone know where to buy rolls of about 20mm thick foam padding?

Thanks in advance
I'm what Willis was talking about
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 8:06am
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Para rubber may be worth a try I think I have seen it there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Polar_Kiwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 8:15am
Polar_Kiwis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I bought some foam from Para rubber. High density to recover a seat. Seemed expensive. Is there somewhere cheaper?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 9:04am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah para rubber is damn expensive... I did our boat upholstery a while back
checked out trademe, clearance stores emporiums.....
ended back at para in mt wellington....to cut costs, I purchased off cuts and glued together... and also use some of the old usable foam and glued slabs over those.

Was in at Davids emporium cavandish drv manukau nest to super cheap. couple days ago, they have some good sized thinner softer foam and a few suitable off cuts.. not many suitable off cuts thu.

Material also expensive , ended up with end of the roll of some heavy duty black out backing type curtain material from spotlight in manukau... and thu had doubts as to how well would stand up in the boat, rather pleasantly surprised.

OH yeah, thin foam under covered panels , end of roll foam carpet under lay from one of the places in that car park area opposite the red shed in manuaku

Total cost including cans of ados  ultra sticky whatever glue , and 9/16 box staples  , but not the new sheets of ply for wall panels  under $150

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote funandfunction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 11:43am
funandfunction View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I bought a pilates type exercise mat from the wharehouse and laminated a few layers with ados f2 when I wanted some eva foam. Worked out cheap. Think the mats are about 10mm thick.
There are two types of people in the world: those that divide people into two types and those that don't.