The Peoples Protest!

Topic Closed

Page  <1 1415161718 31>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:14am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

steps and co.feel free to organise a protest march,no one is stoping you.as reasons spelt out as to why we did proceed.or us it easier to. Critci
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:15am
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

steps and co.feel free to organise a protest march,no one is stoping you.as reasons spelt out as to why we did proceed.or us it easier to. Critci

English?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:16am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

criticise those who are trying to do something in a non disruptive manner,
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:16am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

damn ph
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:19am
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

add the word "constructive" and you'll see where the problem exists PJC.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 11:05am
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I blame MTV and social media... people these days are no longer able to think "long-term" due to the constant flow of instantaneous gratification on offer. This short attention span will be the ruin of us all...

Access to so much "up to the minute" information from the internet is so counter-productive to efforts such as Fish Fight as people have lost the ability to be patient and wait for developments, they seem to have an expectation that everything happens in the blink of an eye with no appreciation of the work that has to go on behind the scenes to make things happen.
And to the same end, organisers have lost the element of "surprise" in that word is out long before any proposal is ready, leading to an element of failure before it has even started - see above re short attention span...

That seems the root cause of the antagonism and animosity seen within this thread... just my 2c worth

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 11:17am
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This continual squabbling which is going on and on is not helping the situation and in fact may well be weakening the FishFight initiative's position and I think the time (and timing) for a physical protest is possibly long gone - and the FishFight team know this. 
It seems to me that 'loose lips sink ships' hence the so-called secrecy which some on here are harping on about. This is after all a public forum and anyone can watch what is going on as regards this discussion thread without actually being a registered member of the site, so is it any wonder that some information is being kept under wraps at the moment? 
For my part I will leave it to Moggy or an appointed person from the FishFight team to keep me informed when the time is right.  My only concern is it that it would be nice to know if there is a  timeline for this information to be released .....
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 11:34am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by mowerman mowerman wrote:

AC I dont wish to engage you in anyway what so ever ..END
   That suits me MM - but again dismissive. You just never know what people have to offer.
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 12:30pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by A C A C wrote:

AC I dont wish to engage you in anyway what so ever ..END
   That suits me MM - but again dismissive. You just never know what people have to offer.
The trouble is AC you and I dont exactly get along as the past experiences of your input have been somewhat rude.
I hold nothing against you,maybe we both got off on the wrong foot.
The end of the day we are all in this together ,it is our best interests for everyone to unite and do something rather than nit pick each other 
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 12:40pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

PJC I for one want to see this work I expect many do, it started rather well with a hiss and a roar but then went side ways, mainly IMO due to the information portrayed in any thread that had the word COMM in it.
The passion from a few Eric in particular has shone through and no one can deny this no matter how much he thinks some are picking on him I dont see this as the case, some like me are challenging the information provided, yes the idea of keeping inforation close to your chest as others read the site I agree many do so no dramas, we just want updates as to where WE are heading.

You say you have had a few replies to you questions from ministers on the matter, well how about posting them? surely they have not put a please dont post any where to there emails to you, all this is important stuff where we may be able to write to the same ones  is there a reason you have not shared this positive information??

from what I can see there will be one protest right before the elections the ministers who we want to target will simply yawn and walk away.a nation wide protest as a one off or is this well off the mark.                                                                                                     
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 1:04pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

.....past experiences of your input have been somewhat rude....
AC's comments have been bang on in my view & have been a bit of a reality check for FF. The outcome we are all looking for is a better fishery for the future, there's no doubt about that and It's something on which we can all agree.

Whatever FF does needs to be well thought through and well executed and that takes skill, talent, time and money to be successful.

What would be good if the FF promotional team could keep the FF related posts to this thread and not hijack other threads with the ongoing diatribe - there's quite a few on here who find it excessive and quite frankly it's putting quite a few people off what is potentially a worthy initiative.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 2:11pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Originally posted by wayno wayno wrote:

I blame MTV and social media........
well said wayno....

Originally posted by Olfart Olfart wrote:

This continual squabbling..............
i like that Olfart, see your reading between the lines and its spot on....

Originally posted by marlinmarty marlinmarty wrote:

A bit of a reality check perhaps...........
Thanks once again marlinmarty,
yes your very much onto it...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 5:30pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

steps and co.feel free to organise a protest march,no one is stoping you.as reasons spelt out as to why we did proceed.or us it easier to. Critci............
Organise? I just have made suggestions on how to organise a simple effective protest way back at the beginning...on tried and tested method

Then everything gets complicated, distracted bogges down, we are waiting for some sort of time line, communication LEADERSHIP  and get told .. in the pipeline, secret stuff , loose lips sink ships, and we get BS for asking for some leadership here...

So for those who are keen, I proposed another simple again proven  non aligned way to  (NOT ORGANISE) make a protest.....and a loose suggestion when

Now IF someone thought it has merit , thy may take it upon themselves to start to send out a few emails, and TxT messages.... maybe go viral who knows

Bottom line we where told there would be an organized protest by rec fishermen before the election
Call a spade a spade .. and a shovel is for cleaning out stables
Will there be a protest before then?
And it has to be asked .... Will there be a protest at all now?

And I dont mean a few letters sent out that have no creditable power base to make any impact beyond file 13.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 7:21pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

hold fire Steps,
Olfarts response is a goodie,

This continual squabbling which is going on and on is not helping the situation and in fact may well be weakening the FishFight initiative's position and I think the time (and timing) for a physical protest is possibly long gone - and the FishFight team know this. 
It seems to me that 'loose lips sink ships' hence the so-called secrecy which some on here are harping on about. This is after all a public forum and anyone can watch what is going on as regards this discussion thread without actually being a registered member of the site, so is it any wonder that some information is being kept under wraps at the moment? 
For my part I will leave it to Moggy or an appointed person from the FishFight team to keep me informed when the time is right.  My only concern is it that it would be nice to know if there is a  timeline for this information to be released .....
there is a better option if it comes off, Moggy is working on it complete with LegaSea,
if all works out she will be a shindig from hell...
time will tell...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 9:44pm
Fishabunga View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:23pm
Titanium
Titanium

WELL MATE THAT WAS INFORMATIVE. your part of the commitee aren't you?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:26pm
Titanium
Titanium

well done doddy
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:43pm
Fishabunga View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Blue Asparagus Blue Asparagus wrote:

WELL MATE THAT WAS INFORMATIVE. your part of the commitee aren't you?
 Yes i am part of the committee 
FISH FIGHT AOTEAROA THE PEOPLES PROTEST
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:59pm
Bite Time View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sorry Lethal, while Moggy has met with LegaSea and been in contact, LegaSea is not actually working on any initiative with FishFight?? This is unfortunately mis- information.

I agree that it is difficult for FF to organise when expectations and communications have been developed on this - a public forum. It is ministry monitored and definitely not the platform to plan an activity to come in under the radar.

As previuosly, LegaSea appreciates the support from you guys on fishing.net, recognises the passion and respects the desire / right to protest.

LegaSea, as discussed with Moggy, and reported on the forum, has its own campaign underway, with feedback from all political parties on the 5 principles, to be reported shortly. (We aren't solely working with NZ First).
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 11:45pm
Merlin the marlin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Support your local 81 Big red machine. HAMC
Page  <1 1415161718 31>