Topic Closed

Page  <1 1213141516 31>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 1:58am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

BLOODY LIARS,

Canada, Iceland, New Zealand and Norway
are among the few countries implementing discard ban, and they have been used as models when assessing a possible review of EU policy on discards.
For a number of years different governments and fisheries administrations around the world have instituted schemes making it obligatory for "bycatch" or non-target catch to be landed.

so our Governments/Fishing Companies even lie to our exporters we fish sustainably....

that is another thing we need to set straight,

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 3:40pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

PROTECT OUR FISH
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 9:21am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have emailed all 121 parliament representatives with the following message and we have received a few positive replies

Who are FishFight = A group of concerned citizens opposed to the current system which if allowed to continue
will lead to to the decimation of OUR fisheries. 

Our mission is to make the general public ( voters ) fully aware of just how dire the situation is.

To this end a company has been formed ( see att. ) & the relative message is about to go viral via the media
& a campaign of e-mailing etc. 

We have a nonpartisan policy as to aligning with any political party but invite all parties to read the information
below & decide if they wish to include the issues in their forthcoming election campaigning. 

We are not opposed to commercial fishing per se rather the system they are forced to work under & in particular 
the huge waste factor which is reflected in the price NZ’s are forced to pay for fish that belong to THEM but more
importantly will lead to a loss of our heritage ie our right to be able to catch a fish as a recreational activity. 

The FishFight Website which has recently been constructed & has a lot more yet to be added. 

http://www.fishfight.org.nz
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 9:22am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

last night sent to all parties and independents who standing in the 2014 election with following

There is about one million recreational fisher people in NEW ZEALAND and by adopting our FISHFIGHT policy there is potential to get one million voters.
Please read our key issues.

The aims are:

1/. To cause a law change that will require all commercial Trawlers to be restricted to a depth of 100m until they reduce their waste to 5%;

2/. Bring to the public attention the destructive practices of bottom trawling (in all its forms fishing and including shellfish etc) and its impact on the destruction of fragile seabed structures and reef areas.

3/. To cause a law change that will create Equal size limit of all species between the Recreational and Commercial fishers

Fishfight.org.nz is based on uk fishfight this is not a fly by night action group

Please Direct all correspondence to 

For correspondence please send to:

P O Box 56582

Dominion Rd

Auckland

New Zealand 1446

Or send an email to Fish Fights spokesman

Norm Morgan on [email protected]

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 12:38pm
Mejiro View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Impressed
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 3:05pm
Fishabunga View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

FISH FIGHT AOTEAROA THE PEOPLES PROTEST
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 3:14pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

LOLLOL Brilliant
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 8:16am
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

with election day just around the corner - what is the details of this protest?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 9:16am
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kezza Kezza wrote:

Sorry cant help myself but I'm guessing day after the electionsTongue
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 9:31am
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

Originally posted by Kezza Kezza wrote:

Sorry cant help myself but I'm guessing day after the electionsTongue

Now where is that big stick and the mouth wash
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 10:27am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Election is Saturday 20 September. 2014  52 days away....
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 11:38am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

u want a protest?
OK this is how it is done...
K.IS.S.    Keep It Simple Stupid
Some bright spark comes up with an simple idea...
like... On election day, anyone with a boat , trailer , rods on roof, jet ski, Dive gear, what ever , nation wide turns up at the nearest polling booth to their local central council council buildings to vote....at 1 pm
And a non political sign (very important legally)... along the lines....Save our harbours , sounds and gulfs from commercial interests raping them.....or keep our depleted inshore harbour fish stocks for family fishing.. ban inshore commercial fishing.

Then everyone posts this on facebook , emails to friends spams the country, mass txts....and again a couple days before, evening before election, morning of election... and include the emails facebook pages, twitter of local papers, reporters TV stations... so they get heaps form everyone

Oh and althu has nothing to do with Legasea... maybe a few get together set up a stand, ask for gold coin donations to Legasea at the same time?  Sell some sausages as a
fund raiser.. NATIONALLY

Simple enough idea?  hard to do?

Anyone got a better idea to make as point to the new Parliament coming in?  the new ministers?

or do we need meetings, get bogged down in crap that doesnt matter, get distracted.

No other ideas?... think u would turn up.. and maybe get a couple m8s a bbq Legasea  fund raise also? make it go viral?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 12:46pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

here is one email that I received today and I wonder what are they saying.Might have to go and buy the book.This is what we are up against,brick walls that need knocking over.
Hi Paul

I am Gareth Morgan’s researcher, thanks for your email. 

We did a lot of work on fisheries a few years ago http://garethsworld.com/blinkers/

New Zealand is very different to the UK - I would urge doing a bit more research before embarking on your campaign. 

Happy to have a chat, particularly if you are in Wellington. 

Regards
Geoff Simmons

Hi Paul

Thanks for getting in touch about your FishFight group – Sealord is always interested in views from across the community so we will keep up to speed with your work.

From our point of view, the situation isn’t as dire as you state. Sealord is a deep-water fishery and all of the stocks that we catch are well managed and sustainably fished. Several such as hoki and Southern blue whiting have been independently assessed by the global Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and several other key species are on the journey to MSC certification.

In terms of the overall NZ fishing situation, recent news has been positive. The Ministry of Primary Industry’s has just released its annual plenary report http://fs.fish.govt.nz/Page.aspx?pk=113&dk=23649 which has some useful information about the status of stocks (page 55), how they are managed and the work being done to make improvements.

We’d be happy to meet with members of your organisation, and if there are some specific aspects of Sealord’s operations you have concerns about, would like the opportunity to understand what these are and to share information about what we believe are good practices and a genuine desire to keep improving our business from a sustainability point of view.

Paul, I couldn’t find the attachment you referred to in your email – could you send this again please.

Regards

Alison

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 1:14pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I would urge doing a bit more research before embarking on your campaign.

People just keep giving you advice that makes sense.
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 1:29pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

you only have to read between the lines in some of those peoples profiles to see how even they believe all is not well... Quote,

“When I started with MAF in 1990 there was a little bit of work being done on the impacts of trawling and
dredging but we were told pretty straight out – don’t get involved... there’s no issue – leave it alone”.

how bizarre.
here we are now with still no real answers due to cover-ups...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 2:23pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I need to do some research i have and i am still doing it
Here is an example of what is going on,you ok with this sort thing A.C
http://www.fish.govt.nz/en-nz/Press/Illegal+fishing+costs+Tauranga+commercial+fishers+95000.htm

18 DECEMBER 2012

A Tauranga based, family owned and operated commercial fishing company was sentenced in Wellington District Court yesterday for making false statements on fishing returns and fishing inside prohibited areas. 

Fine O Muir Limited was convicted on seven charges of making false statements on fishing returns, and fined a total of $37,500. The charges related to the company fishing in one management area and misreporting their catch as having been caught in another area. 

Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) District Compliance Manager for Waikato/Bay of Plenty Brendon Mikkelsen says that this type of behaviour undermines the Quota Management System (QMS), which relies on catch limits set for each management area. 

“A total disregard for the Quota Management System places fish stocks at risk of overfishing. The information provided by commercial fishermen on their fishing returns is important information for managing commercial fisheries and making sure they are sustainable,” says Mr Mikkelsen. 

Fine O Muir Limited was also convicted on a further 19 charges of fishing inside a prohibited area. The charges related to the company fishing inside prohibited fishing areas near Cape Runaway on 54 occasions over a six month period. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 2:39pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

I need to do some research i have and i am still doing it
Here is an example of what is going on,you ok with this sort thing A.C
http://www.fish.govt.nz/en-nz/Press/Illegal+fishing+costs+Tauranga+commercial+fishers+95000.htm

<h3 style="font-family: 'Arial Narrow', 'Helvetica Condensed', sans-serif; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-size: large; text-trans: uppercase; line-height: normal;">18 DECEMBER 2012</h3><p style="margin: 0px 0px 0.8em; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">A Tauranga based, family owned and operated commercial fishing company was sentenced in Wellington District Court yesterday for making false statements on fishing returns and fishing inside prohibited areas. 

Fine O Muir Limited was convicted on seven charges of making false statements on fishing returns, and fined a total of $37,500. The charges related to the company fishing in one management area and misreporting their catch as having been caught in another area. 

Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) District Compliance Manager for Waikato/Bay of Plenty Brendon Mikkelsen says that this type of behaviour undermines the Quota Management System (QMS), which relies on catch limits set for each management area. 

“A total disregard for the Quota Management System places fish stocks at risk of overfishing. The information provided by commercial fishermen on their fishing returns is important information for managing commercial fisheries and making sure they are sustainable,” says Mr Mikkelsen. 

Fine O Muir Limited was also convicted on a further 19 charges of fishing inside a prohibited area. The charges related to the company fishing inside prohibited fishing areas near Cape Runaway on 54 occasions over a six month period. 

I don't think any of us are OK with what's going on with fish stocks pjc .......... or all the ranting and raving with outrageous claims.You stated in an earlier post that we would refrain from fishing if trawling stopped in the gulf or words to that effect. Comments like that do more harm than you could imagine.

When anyone challenges this thread it's automatically deemed to be the 'knockers' ........... not so in reality.

If this ever morphs in to professional approach with a credible mouth piece then you'll find your support.

Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 2:44pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah Theres so much unfocused drivel going on here i can't be arsed following it. yet i'm fully supportive of the idea of a protest. but i'm being put off by what a few of you lot are doing. its sad considering how much focused effort is going on by others. i thought you lot had a spokesman? leave the speaking to the spokesman.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 2:47pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's spokes 'person' CJ
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 3:06pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by CanadianJohn CanadianJohn wrote:

yeah Theres so much unfocused drivel going on here i can't be arsed following it. yet i'm fully supportive of the idea of a protest. but i'm being put off by what a few of you lot are doing. its sad considering how much focused effort is going on by others. i thought you lot had a spokesman? leave the speaking to the spokesman.

Same here. This is what I would suspect a day in Labour's head office to be like at the moment.

Originally posted by CanadianJohn CanadianJohn wrote:

leave the speaking to the spokesman.
Thumbs Up
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Page  <1 1213141516 31>