All Blacks 2014

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KikBac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Blacks 2014
    Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 10:29pm
KikBac View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

AB's 20    Eng 15

A narrow win sure beats the hell out of a narrow loss!
Beer: the most important meal of the day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 10:38pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

look at the aus
bit of that next week from the ABZ
Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote m@dfisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 3:25pm
m@dfisho View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah abit rusty. They will come right though. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 5:07pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lacked continuity/composure... i reckon.........thought the aussies looked good.......they might provide a stiffer challenge for the AB's next time out.
AB's need a better forward effort on saturday and all will be good.Wink
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 10:40am
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

well what a turn around well done ABS, to fast and can get better.
Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 11:11am
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah, looked good early in second half, passes started finding their mark and sticking. Look far better than England when we get going.
I'd like them to keep Ben Smith at fullback, start Barrett and put Dagg on wing in place of Jane who hasn't been playing well. If Read is fit move Kaino to blindside and start Read at 8.
My 2 cents.

Also, I thought the ball had to be grounded for a try?? Makes me wonder why McCaw's try wasn't awarded as he was the only one under it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 11:29am
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

ben smith was great, what a try saving tackle and turnover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote STEVIE WONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 11:52am
STEVIE WONDER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by stonefish stonefish wrote:

Yeah, looked good early in second half, passes started finding their mark and sticking. Look far better than England when we get going.
I'd like them to keep Ben Smith at fullback, start Barrett and put Dagg on wing in place of Jane who hasn't been playing well. If Read is fit move Kaino to blindside and start Read at 8.
My 2 cents.

Also, I thought the ball had to be grounded for a try?? Makes me wonder why McCaw's try wasn't awarded as he was the only one under it.

True. But I thought a ball had to travel back out of the hand as well to score a tryBig smile
Clear forward pass to NoNu so all square.
Ben Smith is good. Really good
ONLY WHEN THE LAST TREE HAS DIED AND THE LAST RIVER BEEN POISONED AND THE LAST FISH BEEN CAUGHT WILL WE REALISE THAT WE CANNOT EAT MONEY.
NATIVE AMERICAN CREE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 12:17pm
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

My point was more that they reviewed it, the ref thought it was held up as did everyone else, but they still got it wrong.
We could pick over every mistake/miss in the game but for the TMO to make such a blatantly wrong decision is pretty poor. I'd be saying the same thing if it was the other way round.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote full sacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 12:24pm
full sacks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

pretty much agree there stonefish as would many I would think? last two test combined. I think for his massive work rate the most outstanding would be brodie retalic we may well have been 2 nil down if not for him.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 5:04pm
Titanium
Titanium

Thought the Ab's were all over the poms in the second half and the final score flattered england at the end to a certain degree.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 5:35pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

wonder how many more "get out of jail free" cards the blacks will need, our half back played like a school boy and thought nothing of it, 1 mistake yes but continued.....please.

when they tossed it about they did well but it appears in days gone by they are trying to rely on their fitness imho
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 5:42pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

no matter how fit you are its harder going backwards.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 6:10pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

All Blacks showed glimpses of form but are taking longer to gel than we are used to. By the same token this pommy team is far more competitive than the opposition we usually encounter during thiis part of the international season, and are gonna take some beating at World Cup time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote STEVIE WONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 8:08am
STEVIE WONDER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Salty69 Salty69 wrote:

All Blacks showed glimpses of form but are taking longer to gel than we are used to. By the same token this pommy team is far more competitive than the opposition we usually encounter during thiis part of the international season, and are gonna take some beating at World Cup time.

And this is not the full strength English team either. But in my opinion they are far better than the regulars
ONLY WHEN THE LAST TREE HAS DIED AND THE LAST RIVER BEEN POISONED AND THE LAST FISH BEEN CAUGHT WILL WE REALISE THAT WE CANNOT EAT MONEY.
NATIVE AMERICAN CREE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 10:17pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Go the Ab's, way to good Wink
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 10:29pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 10:33pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Yep, they were very slick in the first half - great to watch.
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2014 at 4:49pm
Titanium
Titanium

Last week they played their best in the second half.....yesterday they played their best in the first half.......That forward pass was a shocker but a very enjoyable game.....shame about the welsh.....I was gutted for them.....that armless tackle lost them the game......they just cant seem to pull the close ones off......The championship coming up in august will be very interesting this year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2014 at 6:14pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I went to the game last night.  I'm ashamed to say it's the first All Black game I've been too since the 2nd test v the Boks in1981, - that's disgraceful I know, but TV these days makes it so easy.  Back in those days I was working at the game, but that's another story. 
Anyway back to last night - what a venue and atmosphere, the crowd is that close you may as well be on the track.  A  great first half performance, followed by a steady second half effort.  I sat in front of members of the English touring party, they were singing the praises of the NZ back three - who were clearly helped by some pretty average tactical kicking.  Bring on the Aussies on 16 August, and go the mighty Red and Black machine before that!!!!!!
Page  12>