Should charter boats operate on anzac morning?

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should charter boats operate on anzac morning?
    Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:05am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Be interested on peoples views, particularly on trips just for the morning or day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:30am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep,relaxing on the water is a good way to remember those that passed ....
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:32am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Davo Davo wrote:

Be interested on peoples views, particularly on trips just for the morning or day.

Certainly not in the morning out of respect of the occasion but maybe in the arvo would be acceptable however given there are 364 alternative days, so personally I think it is appropriate that charter boats abstain on that day or at the very least for the morning.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:35am
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Definately not.
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:49am
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

For those that wish to remember the day out of respect that is their choice..However NZ cant shut down for a day , business must go on..Imagine all petrol stations closed out of respect.Not many people get time off when the weather may be good for doing their favourite pastimes .Maybe some charters will still operate ,it is a personal choice.Being a very multi cultural county in 2014 it is a far cry from the 1970s and before.Alot of Immigrants do not know about our history
Im off to work now myself..Having had last Friday and Monday off( out of respect for Christian values) things have to balance out 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 9:37am
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Considering 1000's of young NZers fought and died for our country's freedom, its the very least we can do - lets not forget we could be living in a very different world if WW1 and 2 were lost.
A half day closed for non essential businesses isnt going to do any harm.
Easter and Christmas have non trading days - both based on religion.......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 9:47am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hopefully in 2015,100yrs a law is passed nothing opens,total respect.just for 2015
who needs a burger at 6.00am?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 9:54am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

hopefully in 2015,100yrs a law is passed nothing opens,total respect.just for 2015

Surely you mean excluding essential services ...... imagine being seriously injured in a car accident on the way to an ANZAC service & there is no ambulance to take you to hospital which would be closed anyway, with the existing patients not being cared for ....... otherwise totally agree with your proposition.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 10:36am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"bazza" sorry ,you are right,as under present public holiday act the only people that are required to work are police fire ambulance,essential services only,alcohol bait burgers are not essential.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 10:39am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by mowerman mowerman wrote:

For those that wish to remember the day out of respect that is their choice..However NZ cant shut down for a day , business must go on..Imagine all petrol stations closed out of respect.Not many people get time off when the weather may be good for doing their favourite pastimes .Maybe some charters will still operate ,it is a personal choice.Being a very multi cultural county in 2014 it is a far cry from the 1970s and before.Alot of Immigrants do not know about our history
Im off to work now myself..Having had last Friday and Monday off( out of respect for Christian values) things have to balance out 
easter monday is not a religous day,easter sunday is,we observe the sunday on the monday,question again why can a burger chain be open but not the beer shop,discrimination,either all open or all closed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 10:39am
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Another way to look at it  ... but those young men who were sacrificed by the inept British command gave their lives for the sake of freedom, only to have people being told when they can and can not operate their businesses 99 years later ... Doesn't seem very "free" to me ...

You can still respect their sacrifice at work, I'm pretty certain those men that died would rather have been out fishing then fighting in the mud in Turkey.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 10:55am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"bazza" sorry ,you are right,as under present public holiday act the only people that are required to work are police fire ambulance,essential services only,alcohol bait burgers are not essential.

Speak for yourself,alcohol ,bait and burgers are a priority for me
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:08am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Alcohol,bait ,burgers are a priority. Dont let too many fishing secrets slip out.LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:14am
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

**** the cows have got a year to learn to milk themselves. For a lot of New Zealanders a stat is just another work day.
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:17am
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Southern_Jez Southern_Jez wrote:

Another way to look at it  ... but those young men who were sacrificed by the inept British command gave their lives for the sake of freedom, only to have people being told when they can and can not operate their businesses 99 years later ... Doesn't seem very "free" to me ...

Christmas and Easter are non trading days - same thing isnt it? except  both are based on religous beliefs.

Post war life could have been very different had the other side won, a lot less 'free' I think. Something to think about Wink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:41am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Potty Potty wrote:

**** the cows have got a year to learn to milk themselves. For a lot of New Zealanders a stat is just another work day.
dairy company must pick milk up but do not have to process it,I have taken a stand this your not to work any public holidays.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 1:06pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The government have chosen to make ANZAC day a public holiday, how people choose to spend that day is up to them. Regardless of whether it is a mark of respect there are however a lot of people out there who veiw this day as just another day off.
Just before I get shot at Iam not operating today.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corosanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 1:10pm
corosanta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by MarkE MarkE wrote:

Originally posted by Southern_Jez Southern_Jez wrote:

Christmas and Easter are non trading days - same thing isnt it? except  both are based on religous beliefs.

Post war life could have been very different had the other side won, a lot less 'free' I think. Something to think about Wink

Religious based holidays are so un-PC in this age we need to call them something else. And I'm damn sure that the boys who paid the utmost for our freedoms would be happy to see us out fishing.

Maybe we should have called up those guys who are on 2-5day charters and tell them to stop fishing for the morning, that call would've been well received.

I'm sure that many, like myself, pay due respect in other non-political motivated ways.
Sitndrinkntalknbullman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rob Optimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 1:34pm
Rob Optimist View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Personal choice, that's what freedoms all about isn't it
I dint go fishing this morning as I was going to go to dawn parade but ended up not going, first time I've missed for a few years.
               "attitude is everything"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 1:34pm
Cbro View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I dont know, i think china is winning the war.  Respect to those that gave there life but at the end of the day what freedom do we have left now? Not much. 

Page  12>