Catch and Release Hall of Fame

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catch and Release Hall of Fame
    Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:01pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I get a lot of enjoyment out of catching big fish, but to me the most satisfaction comes from watching them swim a way strongly. Hopefully these fish will get to grow bigger and give another angler the same sense of achievement.
This fish was caught at the end of June last year in the shallows (under 10 m), at 21 pounds it was Deans first trophy snap, the temptation to take it home and show the kids must have been huge.

Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shark-Bait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:09pm
Shark-Bait View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot Potty..........Thumbs Up...........good onya mate.
Life is short so make the most of every day.

www.oceanangler.co.nz
   www.fullonfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ocean90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 1:02pm
ocean90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice one man! great fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote blackboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 1:08pm
blackboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Agree great to land those big fish but it is awesome putting them back to live another day.Here is mate Gav with a thumper that hopefully still out there swimming around.

Here i am returning another good one back

Could go on with these good thread be good to see others post some great pics.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ocean90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 1:56pm
ocean90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good lump on the head!
keep them coming great work.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:37pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great shots Of Big Ones Released Guys !!! Dragged this one out of me archives, was fishing with me brother, i quickly held this one up for Photo before release. It was big, angry, and i copped a spike under me chin, hence the facials..lol.. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:38pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Stunning fish blackboat.
Just like humans some of the smaller fish are the best scrappers. This one was caught on the 2nd day of the beach & boat comp, was never going to be a prize winner so deserved it's freedom.

Slightly bigger model that was caught at the soft bait champs, this one was bang on 21.5 pounds.
Another fish that fell for a Zman tail
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pauapolisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:06pm
Pauapolisher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Couple decent ones not huge.. one out of 6 m on softbait was long fish at 80 cms but round 19lbs. Other one same weight but strong spring scrapper on a fave raku which accounted for 2 more spring trophies.Love the tail kick into the depths def highlight of my fishing. No pics of big ones as after a long scrap was reluctant to manhandle them preferring to leave them in the water. Hard job singehanded...love that pic Geoff can feel your pain bro.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:24pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice fish Pauapolisher, love the shot of the fish in the net.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:31pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I like this brag thread this one turned me in knots on the yak in about 7m of snaggy water. Lovely snapper est 17-18lb.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:38pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Becomes cramped up on the yak LOL Heaps of 10-18lbers from around the Gulf.
And stumpy from last winter he had a pectoral fin missing but he still fought hard out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ocean90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:39pm
ocean90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Go the yaks!
Nice one muppet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pizzaeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:26pm
pizzaeater View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Don't encourage him,  Just wait.. it will be 10 pages of giant Muppet caught snapperLOL!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:44pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

LOL None of them are giants! Got a heap more net shots and heaps I did not photograph including the 23lber you bums did not make that trip my PB.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 8:42pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

was lucky enough to take Rick Pollock/Justin "Cod" out to the Mokes one wet winters weekend,
Rick hooked a nice snapper in the shallows just to prove he can considering he is a charter operator to most of us it was nice to see him on a rod fishing for a change,
i just had a camera handy and filmed it, he decided it should be released to fight another day...

http://youtu.be/SfuSRliEK6c

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing