Topic Closed

Page  123>
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cats should be in laps
    Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 10:01am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

http://halo.org.nz/cat-petition/

Autumn planting in the veggie has been the worst ever...
I plant after rain couple weeks back... rain and cat poo is stomach churning....
And even after removing the poo very deep in the compost bins, there is still heaps left and the smell, that doesnt go.

Get all sorted (except the smell).. cali, broccoli beetroot and last radish crop
1/2 the beetroot destroyed
Couple in each of the cali / broccoli rows and most of the radish.. gone.

We try to teach our children gardening , basic skills but just the cat poo alone is enough to put ANY person off for life... and it does

Then caught 1 inside the boat cabin spraying...makes fish with the grandchildren a very unpleasant experience....and thats on a fresh bait boat..
Not to mention the screaming at night in spring and summer, the stink in front and back doors and in entertainment areas....
And the missing.. well not really, the dead corpses of fan tails, black birds, thrushes and wax eyes in the gardens..

When is enough enough?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 10:08am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Catch it and put it in a cage and leave a collection sign for the local Chinese restaurant.

My mate and I did it on Whangaparaoa peninsula and there was all hell to pay after someone reported us - probably owners.
It was just for laughs and giggles, but we never had cat problems again.
SPCA collected it and disposed of it.

The council lady gave us possum traps and these do also work (occasionally) with the right bait.
Just take the body and leave next to the road.
Awful accident!

It is annoying though!
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:20am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

there about 8cats in our street and 300 dogs barking 24hrs a f#*king day you tell me which is the problem????
i have 3 Siamese cats none leave this section yet dogs are constantly roaming around on our section...
i have fantails inside my house blackbirds feeding out of my hand, Tuis/Rosellas/Pheasants/Quails/Ducks and all the other small native and introduced birds feed no more than 1mt at times away from my cats,
yet dogs are chasing my cats up trees, back into the house on my own section, and you say cats are a problem,
if i shot the dogs that come onto my property it would be like the killing fields in Vietnam...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:26am
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Put shallow open containers of household bleach inside the boat (in the cockpit and cabin areas) when the boat is not being used.  Cats hate the smell of bleach and will steer well clear.
Actually, this might also work in your garden too....
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:44am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Lethal Lethal wrote:

there about 8cats in our street and 300 dogs barking 24hrs a f#*king day you tell me which is the problem????
i have 3 Siamese cats none leave this section yet dogs are constantly roaming around on our section...
i have fantails inside my house blackbirds feeding out of my hand, Tuis/Rosellas/Pheasants/Quails/Ducks and all the other small native and introduced birds feed no more than 1mt at times away from my cats,
yet dogs are chasing my cats up trees, back into the house on my own section, and you say cats are a problem,
if i shot the dogs that come onto my property it would be like the killing fields in Vietnam...

plus the dogs turds are a lot larger and stink far worst.
Dogs either side of us and one straight across the road.
Give me a cat any time.
We have probably close on 200 birds of all kinds, cats get one every now and then but dogs do the damage all the time. My wifes white doves that she uses for weddings and funerals have been so scared that they are far too worried to enter the loft after an attack.
Ask the little Japanese girl from Murapara if she prefers dogs or cats.

I do agree though that most cat owners are less responsible than most dog owners
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:53am
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:22pm
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

O dear poor weee petal.....
Now the cats are to much for you.....

says it all about the type of people we have/breed in our country now.....

no doubt you will get the nanny state to pass laws to help you not take responsibility for anything.

anyone who can not even put there real name on there membership doesn't deserve any time on here.

Thumbs Down
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it!
FISH FIGHT The Peoples Protest
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:28pm
Fletch View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"GET AWAY FROM THE DOOOOOR"

One "step" at a time Norm

Gareth Morgan.....identify yourself!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:19pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

cure for neighbours cat that was coming in our house and eating all our cats food... Catch cat ..put in shower..turn on water (cold)  for 5 mins..open door cat never seen again sinceLOL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:52pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Moggy Moggy wrote:

no doubt you will get the nanny state to pass laws to help you not take responsibility for anything.

anyone who can not even put there real name on there membership doesn't deserve any time on here.

Jeez Mogs,

What is it they have in the water down your ways or in the vegetables? Confused

Some of the posts you put up are off the planet! (Prefer your food posts to be honest though!)
Drop me a PM if you need some good medical contacts - seriously mate, I do know a few good ones.

All good brother.

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 4:40pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Maybe Moggy  taking it personally, or speaking on behalf of the species....

Nice walk along the bays front today - lots and lots of dog ****. That more of a problem I reckon
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 4:57pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So where's Carbine been for the last few years? He's probably the best solution.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:03pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Whoever dreamed up that petition has been chewing sinkers for too long.

Want to get rid of the birds then get rid of cats by all means. Thing is i like birds.

Where i live there are cats around. There are also heaps of birds. Have Tui ,Grey warbler ,blackbirds ,thrush ,wax eyes all successfully nesting in our city garden. Even saw two grey warblers feeding a shining cuckoo chick this year.. Go into the auckland ranges ---no domestic cats and not a bird sound. Wonder why.

Cats keeps rats down.Rats plunder bird nests ,eggs and chicks. No cats ,population explosion of rats --no birds. Thats why doc target rats on off shore islands before they repopulate with rare birds.

Near Raglan this year some bright spark got rid of lots of pet cats.  What happened. Nesting birds were plundered as rat population exploded.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:06pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just thinking allowed here but wonder how a petition would go banning garath morgan?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:08pm
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Jaapie Jaapie wrote:

Jeez Mogs,

What is it they have in the water down your ways or in the vegetables? Confused

Some of the posts you put up are off the planet! (Prefer your food posts to be honest though!)
Drop me a PM if you need some good medical contacts - seriously mate, I do know a few good ones.

All good brother.

No problems mate
Its just that it seems these days that no one wants to take care of their own personal responsibilities.
Cats are not a problem - remove them and you will see the biggest plague of rats and mice you will ever find. Domestic moggies (and I am not specifically a cat lover either but pout up with "hers") are so well feed that most can not be bothered going anywhere. Also cats are very territorial so if you have a problem with cats - go get one and he will see the competition off.

That post stinks of the stupidity of Garth Morgan, and that man is due his time in the funny farm soon, I trust with a cat for company.!

Glad you like the food ones - hope you have tried some, they are always fun.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:09pm
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Barrie Barrie wrote:

Just thinking allowed here but wonder how a petition would go banning garath morgan?

You start it Barrie and I will sign it!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:12pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

One of the easiest ways to keep cats out of your garden is to spread coffee grounds on your garden, not only does it keep cats away it also works as an organic fertiliser. You can get bags of it from any cafe or BP2Go for free.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:24pm
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyway, like in most things cats are not the problem, their owners are!

Around our way cats have been caught and sent off to the RSPCA those cats tended to have dear I say it but come from Young Asian people who clearly buy them for there better halves etc and then get bored with them or just completely ignore them and the cats are left to there own devices to fend for themselves. This happens most about 4 weeks after Xmas. (RSPCA will confirm that to)

Now clearly these people should never be allowed to own animals of any types (the same problems happens with those stupid little runts of dogs they buy too) and these people clearly also have no idea what and how to care for them.

In the past their parents would have solved the problem easy - they would have eaten it, anyone who has been to Singapore in the 70's and dined at road side stores can testify to strange Chicken chow miens which had cat bones in them!
The problem with the kids we are getting, like ours is they have no skills to kill and skin it let alone make a meal out of it.

Tighter policing of who can buy animals is the only solution.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:34pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Its just that it seems these days that no one wants to take care of their own personal responsibilities.Cats are not a problem - remove them and you will see the biggest plague of rats and mice you will ever find.

Well we do take care of our responsibilities.. we also breed NN endangered parrots.. and ANY serious bird breeder and avaieies has a maintance program to sort prevent any rodent problem.
Now lets take this a little further.. once apon a time part of house home maintenance was not just an annual clean  but prevention of any rodent problem.
This this bit of "responsibility " seems not to exist any more when now rely in ignorant bliss on the IRReponsabilty of feral pet owners...
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:45pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyway, like in most things cats are not the problem, their owners are!

Around our way cats have been caught and sent off to the RSPCA those cats tended to have dear I say it but come from Young Asian people who clearly buy them for there better halves etc and then get bored with them or just completely ignore them and the cats are left to there own devices to fend for themselves. This happens most about 4 weeks after Xmas. (RSPCA will confirm that to)

Now clearly these people should never be allowed to own animals of any types (the same problems happens with those stupid little runts of dogs they buy too) and these people clearly also have no idea what and how to care for them.

In the past their parents would have solved the problem easy - they would have eaten it, anyone who has been to Singapore in the 70's and dined at road side stores can testify to strange Chicken chow miens which had cat bones in them!
The problem with the kids we are getting, like ours is they have no skills to kill and skin it let alone make a meal out of it.

Tighter policing of who can buy animals is the only solution.

I had a little talk to my Chinese partner 4 years ago about eating my cats as a joke .. she said Chinese do not eat cat but maybe some do.In saying that I have been into Asian markets in several countries and you can buy,rat,crickets,dog,grasshoppers,any part of any animal, and some food who know what it is lol
Page  123>