Cats should be in laps

Topic Closed

Page  <123>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:52pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

[/QUOTE]I had a little talk to my Chinese partner 4 years ago about eating my cats as a joke .. she said Chinese do not eat cat but maybe some do.In saying that I have been into Asian markets in several countries and you can buy,rat,crickets,dog,grasshoppers,any part of any animal, and some food who know what it is lol[/QUOTE]

Mate, in the Asian places you can eat anything with wings except an aeroplane, and anything with legs except a table.

Anything else is fair game -

Trust me - been there, seen it and for a few exceptions tasted it!Wink
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:01pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Jaapie Jaapie wrote:

[/QUOT
I had a little talk to my Chinese partner 4 years ago about eating my cats as a joke .. she said Chinese do not eat cat but maybe some do.In saying that I have been into Asian markets in several countries and you can buy,rat,crickets,dog,grasshoppers,any part of any animal, and some food who know what it is lol[/QUOTE]

Mate, in the Asian places you can eat anything with wings except an aeroplane, and anything with legs except a table.

Anything else is fair game -

Trust me - been there, seen it and for a few exceptions tasted it!Wink
[/QUOTE]

Some of them must have tape worms a mile long ..Seeing them munch into stir fry grass hoppers ..No I wouldnt kiss one of them girls Wink
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:13pm
Fishabunga View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Moggy Moggy wrote:

Originally posted by Barrie Barrie wrote:

Just thinking allowed here but wonder how a petition would go banning garath morgan?<br abp="1024">

You start it Barrie and I will sign it!

Me too
FISH FIGHT AOTEAROA THE PEOPLES PROTEST
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:15pm
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Grasshoppers are an excellent source of protein. Cats kill birds...mostly for fun too we don't have (many) cats on the barrier and there and rails everywhere bird life in is incredible.
FEED THE WHANAU
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:39pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

whoever sez cat turd doesnt stink is in a dreamworld man that is the most vile smelling crap id swear id rather eat a dog**** sandwich than smell that bludy cat feaces. my neighbour has 5 of the buggas and chick on the other side three and dude at the back also has 2 and they all seem to have this communal defacation ceremony in my vege garden ( should say x vege garden). Now i,ve flagged that idea and turned every bit of dirt into stone gardens.. now they just crap on my lawnCry.  hey i actually like cats and love dogs, grew up on a farm with heaps of them as pets but jeez if i get my mitts on one its getting a good rinsing with the hose on the jet setting i tell ya
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:41pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pirate pirate wrote:

whoever sez cat turd doesnt stink is in a dreamworld man that is the most vile smelling crap id swear id rather eat a dog**** sandwich than smell that bludy cat feaces. my neighbour has 5 of the buggas and chick on the other side three and dude at the back also has 2 and they all seem to have this communal defacation ceremony in my vege garden ( should say x vege garden). Now i,ve flagged that idea and turned every bit of dirt into stone gardens.. now they just crap on my lawnCry.  hey i actually like cats and love dogs, grew up on a farm with heaps of them as pets but jeez if i get my mitts on one its getting a good rinsing with the hose on the jet setting i tell ya

Turps on the bum they say does the trick
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:47pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mogs, sorry if I came across rude!

My better half reckons I was out of order <hang head in shame>
She loves your food blogs, so I'm out of luck.

I'm out of this discussion - eaten cat, and it's sour.......

Done and dusted.......no more comments!
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:56pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Jaapie Jaapie wrote:

Mogs, sorry if I came across rude!

My better half reckons I was out of order <hang head in shame>
She loves your food blogs, so I'm out of luck.

I'm out of this discussion - eaten cat, and it's sour.......

Done and dusted.......no more comments!

Kev we had too many beers in Karachi pakistan, we had a chicken/cat roast with four drum sticks that night... Eaten cat it was awesomeEmbarrassedLOL
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 8:09pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Same problem here, I have no animals and seems like the entire neighbourhood population of bloody cats knows when I have dug and planted the gardens as most of it has been peed and shat on the following few days.
Have tried coffee grounds a number of times to no result, tried mothballs ground with cayenne pepper sprinkled around, tried building a "fence" with bamboo stakes & small tree branch prunings, tried all the commercial deterrent sprays as well but have yet to have any success in stopping the damn things. The only thing that seemed to work temporarily was spreading the needles from the totara tree on the dirt, but that's now gone.
May have to attempt trapping the damn things and using for bait/burley... My gardens feed me and as "you are what you eat", I really don't want to be eating the residue of cat crap...

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 8:42pm
Fletch View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by onthedrop onthedrop wrote:

rails everywhere

Booking ticket
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:25pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Dogs on bloody rampage,

Two dogs savaged about 50 lambs and two sheep in a bloody frenzy which has left a Waimate farming couple devastated.

On Saturday morning the pitbulls ripped the throats of 38 sheep....
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9937894/Dogs-on-bloody-rampage

Sakurako had 100 bite marks from the attack and is still recovering in hospital after suffering severe injuries to her face, arms, legs and hips.

She is expected to face months, if not years, of treatment to deal with her injuries.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Owners-of-dogs-which-attacked-girl-to-appear-in-court/tabid/423/articleID/340426/Default.aspx#ixzz2zEfFs2bG

A dispute between neighbours has led to one man being attacked by a dog north of Auckland

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Dog-attack-during-neighbours-dispute/tabid/423/articleID/339960/Default.aspx#ixzz2zEfqYhHe

Their two pit bull crosses attacked two women, then aged 67 and 48, around their arms, legs and necks

The women were taken to Palmerston North hospital in a serious, but stable condition and required surgery, including skin grafts.

Family dogs to be put down after attack

Two dogs that savaged an eight-year-old boy in a Christchurch park.

The two rottweilers, both family pets, attacked the boy while he was walking them through Linfield Park on Saturday morning.

He is in hospital after suffering injuries to his head, face and legs.

A five-year-old south Auckland boy has been bitten on the face by a family dog.

The boy was taken to Middlemore Hospital last night in a serious condition after the attack in Takanini, a St John Ambulance spokeswoman says.

Police say the dog was believed to belong to a family member, but it has not yet been found.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Dog-bites-boys-face-in-south-Auckland/tabid/423/articleID/300126/Default.aspx#ixzz2zEhii3Yh

A 65-year-old Rotorua woman has suffered massive injuries after a dog she had at her home for company attacked her.

The attack, on Saturday morning, left the woman with serious injuries to her right arm and a broken leg.

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:40pm
Pickles View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by REIVER REIVER wrote:

Good solution here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

I'm all for shoot and bury but this video is brilliant
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 4:03am
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Lethal Lethal wrote:

Dogs on bloody rampage,

Two dogs savaged about 50 lambs and two sheep in a bloody frenzy which has left a Waimate farming couple devastated.

On Saturday morning the pitbulls ripped the throats of 38 sheep....
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9937894/Dogs-on-bloody-rampage

Sakurako had 100 bite marks from the attack and is still recovering in hospital after suffering severe injuries to her face, arms, legs and hips.

She is expected to face months, if not years, of treatment to deal with her injuries.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Owners-of-dogs-which-attacked-girl-to-appear-in-court/tabid/423/articleID/340426/Default.aspx#ixzz2zEfFs2bG

A dispute between neighbours has led to one man being attacked by a dog north of Auckland

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Dog-attack-during-neighbours-dispute/tabid/423/articleID/339960/Default.aspx#ixzz2zEfqYhHe

Their two pit bull crosses attacked two women, then aged 67 and 48, around their arms, legs and necks

The women were taken to Palmerston North hospital in a serious, but stable condition and required surgery, including skin grafts.

Family dogs to be put down after attack

Two dogs that savaged an eight-year-old boy in a Christchurch park.

The two rottweilers, both family pets, attacked the boy while he was walking them through Linfield Park on Saturday morning.

He is in hospital after suffering injuries to his head, face and legs.

A five-year-old south Auckland boy has been bitten on the face by a family dog.

The boy was taken to Middlemore Hospital last night in a serious condition after the attack in Takanini, a St John Ambulance spokeswoman says.

Police say the dog was believed to belong to a family member, but it has not yet been found.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Dog-bites-boys-face-in-south-Auckland/tabid/423/articleID/300126/Default.aspx#ixzz2zEhii3Yh

A 65-year-old Rotorua woman has suffered massive injuries after a dog she had at her home for company attacked her.

The attack, on Saturday morning, left the woman with serious injuries to her right arm and a broken leg.

very serious stuff Lethel.Dogs are a menace, ownership of the bigger breeds should be carefully allowed as some owners cannot keep them under control
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 6:39am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mmmm
must be missing something.
Cant see where it says that cats or dogs turds dont stink.
I know all I said was that dogs turds were a lot bigger.
( I didnt add that they stick to everything a lot more and take longer to break down either but hey, we all know that)
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 6:41am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lethal, dont forget that cats do similar damage all be it in another way.
They leave their owners with broken hearts. (sorry to those that dont admit to having hearts)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 8:33am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got a dog barking wining.. ring the local council sorted pretty damn quick
A cat howling in the middle of the night.. nothing

Got a dog wandering in the street... ring council  usually sorted
A cat nothing

Got a dog wandering your property, normally easy catch, .. ring council.. sorted
A cat after jumping thru a huge questionaire  may get someone deal with it.

Now that a post from a hands on gardener who takes great pride in the garden (hobby) and is being forced to not carry on the hobby by people who can not take responsibility nor can they be made to do so by law.
A dog, rat, chicken, elephant, tiger  ANY 'pet' the owners responsibility for damage, nusence and a cat for some odd reason is except.   WHY?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 8:54am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's easy just shoot them , use a slug gun if you are in the city and have no firearms licence .
It's the owners fault if they can't keep them contained and off your property .
They can boo hoo and blubber into there hankys all they like but it's simple keep your pet on your own property and it's safe let it wander and it's fair game .
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 9:00am
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had the cows get into my garden once ..nothing left.this was as a kid and I cried as it was my pride and joy

Cats dont bother my garden and its huge so maybe they find enough area without causing mayhem..on the other hands neighbourhood dogs a a pest digging up fish guts at times
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 11:05am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Never had a problem with cats digging up my seedlings . Blackbirds dig up plenty though as they scratch through the composted soil for worms. Easy fix. A bit of bird netting strung between short sticks and weighed down on the edges by bricks ,stones or 4x2 solves the problem.

But hang on. There are cats in the area. In that case there shouldnt be any birds.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 1:08pm
Crunch View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Get a timm's trap from RD1 bait it with a pilchard. Problem solved.

Page  <123>