Is it possible ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it possible ?
    Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 7:59pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Is it possible to send pics in a PM ?

The setup appears to be the same as posting to the forum but it would not allow a photo to be attached.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 8:03pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I jusst sent you a pic Bazza. did you get it? Isn't she beautiful? Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:08pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

I jusst sent you a pic Bazza. did you get it? Isn't she beautiful? Big smile

Extremely baaoortiful.

Thanx guys for all your pm' pics ...... obviously it can be done then so will need to try again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:15pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Once you have already posted a pic, you can't reselect it from your pc, it will already be listed, choose it from there, maybe that is the problem?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:43pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Once you have already posted a pic, you can't reselect it from your pc, it will already be listed, choose it from there, maybe that is the problem?

True, unless the file name is changed however these were pics of trout from earlier in the week & have not been posted to
the forum previously.

Presume you guys used the same procedure as if posting to the forum .......... am almost certain I did as well but the puter has been playing up a bit lately so will give it another shot.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:57pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Bazza, are you using the "reply" button or the "quick reply"?
Makes a difference

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:12pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Uncle Uncle wrote:

Bazza, are you using the "reply" button or the "quick reply"?
Makes a difference

I am sending a pm to a recipient & no probs if only use text, but if I click on the 'image upload" box with the tree & arrow as always do to post pics on the forum, but comes up with an "access denied" message & yes I am logged in.

The usual procedure used to post a pic for me is to click on the "image upload" which offers a selection of files from which I choose pictures, then from there select the pic & click on upload then submit ..... presto all done no probs but does not work in a pm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:24pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

That's odd because I just used the same process as if posting a pic in the forums. Trying clearing the cache and rebooting, you never know, always the first thing I do with puter probs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waynorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 8:48am
waynorth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Tried to do the same a while back & got the same message - 'Access Denied - page only available to members with sufficient privileges' or similar.. Queried it with one of the mods who didn't know the answer so he passed it upstairs - nothing ever heard unfortunately.
treat fish like fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 10:00am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by waynorth waynorth wrote:

Tried to do the same a while back & got the same message - 'Access Denied - page only available to members with sufficient privileges' or similar.. Queried it with one of the mods who didn't know the answer so he passed it upstairs - nothing ever heard unfortunately.

Yep ........ sounds like exactly the same problem.

Copying & pasting the link below should bring up the page that appears when trying to upload a pic ..........

http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/insufficient_permission.asp
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:43am
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Works OK for me Bazza.  Just sent you a pm with a pic enclosed...
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:46pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Olfart Olfart wrote:

Works OK for me Bazza.  Just sent you a pm with a pic enclosed...

Yes got it OK as did the ones that others sent.

I sent yours back to you via "reply" & it appeared to go as per normal so would seem the problem is definitely something
to do with a glitch that will not allow me to upload a file or pic to included in a pm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waynorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:06pm
waynorth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes same page as I get Bazza. After reading that you got it to work (?) by replying to Olfart I clicked reply to several messages in my inbox, including a couple from PJay on this very issue, & tried to upload a photo but same access denied message each time.

In case someone else is looking into this, Grunta's interim reply from 19 Dec referred to looking into permissions for various groups ?

treat fish like fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:58pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by waynorth waynorth wrote:

Yes same page as I get Bazza. After reading that you got it to work (?) by replying to Olfart I clicked reply to several messages in my inbox, including a couple from PJay on this very issue, & tried to upload a photo but same access denied message each time.

In case someone else is looking into this, Grunta's interim reply from 19 Dec referred to looking into permissions for various groups ?

WN .... Olfart & others sent me pics in a pm to prove it can be done but like yourself I have not been able to do so.

Olfart ( Grant ) has not confirmed if he received his pic back when I replied to it but it did appear to go OK as was in the outbox & never received any message to the contrary.

Other than that I have not yet managed to get a pic to upload.

Wonder how many besides you & myself have the same problem .... I presume you like myself can post a pic to the forum OK but not in a PM.

I will send a copy of this thread to admin to see if we can get the problem sorted, meantime suggest anyone experiencing the same problem contact me via pm.

One way to find out if you are being affected would be to try a pm with a pic uploaded ..... if it uploads then no need to send it as presumably the system is working for you but if it denies you access to upload then it would appear you have a
problem as well ...... can PM the pic to yourself if you wish if you merely want to test your system.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:32pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bazza I have sent you a fresh pm.....Basically the message is thus:

The only piccy I received back is the one I sent you (i.e. the one in the body of my message).
Did you copy the piccy to your computer then upload to the forum for attaching to your PM to me?  If so, nothing received....

Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 8:44pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

The only piccy I received back is the one I sent you (i.e. the one in the body of my message).
Did you copy the piccy to your computer then upload to the forum for attaching to your PM to me?  If so, nothing received....

No Grant ... I keep saying that I could send you back the image you sent because YOU had uploaded it & it was part of YOUR message.

I saved that same image to the PC & then tried sending it in a PM to you but as was anticipated it would not allow an upload.

Am going to try uploading that self same image to this post from my pc using the same process & am almost 100% certain it will be fine.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 8:47pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

No Grant ... I keep saying that I could send you back the image you sent because YOU had uploaded it & it was part of YOUR message.

I saved that same image to the PC & then tried sending it in a PM to you but as was anticipated it would not allow an upload.

Am going to try uploading that self same image to this post from my pc using the same process & am almost 100% certain it will be fine.

There you go Grant .... just as always happens fine uploading then posting to the forum but will not allow it in a pm doing exactly the same thing.