This Is Getting Addictive

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This Is Getting Addictive
    Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:19am
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The System......as i now call it
This is getting very addictive and man its good fun!
The system we are running is a bonze dredge on one side and a bonze volcano teaser chain on the other to raise fish and then a spread of small easy to eat lures in behind to give something for the fish to eat!
The last three trip have been awesome and this one was no exception!
plan was to head hoki for 3 days but with a change in the weather we planned to head for whangaroa instead. So up at 3am and north we went to meet up with bonze
Day 1:
It took all day but at 3 we had our first fish up short corner and then another 2. one on short rigger and other on long rigger
(just to note i have not have a fish on my short or long corner in about 4 years and this was the first time running this system on my boat)
It was to be a unlucky day for us though and nothing stuck....still testing...... plus when we got back to the ramp all out D Shackles had been stolen MEAN
Day 2:
on day 2 bonze couldnt make it so troy and karms and i still went for a fish.
at 330 we hooked up on the long corner after a mean bite behind the teaser
Troy(segador) hooked up to his first fish on a lure LOLLOLWinkLOLLOL

all our go pros died but we did get some nice jump shots

with only 5kg of drag angler can happy fight with out harness

getting angry off wekarua

first touch of the leader and unsure how much pressure i can apply....surprisingly alot!

Troy with his trophy!
And a real nice fish est at over 150kg on a Bonze Heat released for another day

After releasing the fish it was getting late so back in as plan was to tow over to the other coast
Day 3:
Would see us travel through the night to the hoki! plan was to try for a marlin and sword in the same day and bonze was back on board

the boys having some lunch

Bonze showing the spread for the day

Today it would only take 10min before we had our first fish in the gear with the short rigger been ripped out and the fish follow but not eat Angry
so lures back in position and boom nice bite on the short corner behind the dredge!
and with troy and karms already catching a fish this year i got a turn Embarrassed
This time again having our cameras and go pros die again AngryOuch
but after 5min we had the fish boat side  

after about 10 jumps this is the only jump shot!

released a nice fish of about 100kg

After releasing that fish we mowed the lawn for a bit longer then headed to try for a sword.
on the way we raised another fish on the short rigger and karms had her chance but fell off while getting air born Cry
so once at the sword spot we had a couple of drops with no luck then on our "last" drop we had a bite and got tight for karm but pulled the hook Cry wasn't to be her day 

good day!

wicked conditions with the teaser going hard

dredge boom part of the key to fishing a dredge from a trailer boat..
keeps the dredge clear of prop and while catching your fish keeps dredge out of the boat!

Even had time for a sleep Wink

and finally picked up a mahi for karms on the way in

This was a wicked trip and a big thanks to bonze for coming and helping show us some new techniques which is really paying off!
Cant wait to get back out there once this storm pisses off!!!!!!!!

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:50am
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

choice one lads
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote segador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:57am
segador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mean report bro thanks heaps for the invite finally got a fish on a lure thanks skip,bonze is a top bloke learnt heaps from him and had some good laughs when we going againThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:26pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Nice one guys !  !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HugoMaclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:47pm
HugoMaclean View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

My turn this weekend please! Haha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Torpedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 3:36pm
Torpedo View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The systems going pretty dam good for you boys, nice work once again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoshW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 6:13pm
JoshW View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cool, nice work looks like fun!

Hooks look like gamakatsu SL12S 10/0 SWF ?

One question...If you are only fishing 5kgs of drag whats the point of fishing 50w reels and a heavy duty bent butt rod? A tld or trynos 30 on a 6-7ft snapper strayline type rod is plenty...no gimbal, no harness easy as.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 6:23pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

they are not SL12S, Bonze's new hooks still  in final testing stage.
already got two 30W setup and Luke hasnt got enough $ to buy another two setup at moment. so just use what he has got at moment. Plus its the sword gear they use for the sword fish so dont need to carry too much rods and reels Wink

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoshW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 6:25pm
JoshW View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Come on Yeehaa you're a fishing shop...help him out ....Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 2buoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 6:26pm
2buoys View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

How far back from the boat do you run your dredge yeehaa?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 6:28pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by 2buoys 2buoys wrote:

How far back from the boat do you run your dredge yeehaa?

first or second wave

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 2buoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 6:32pm
2buoys View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

cheers, will give that a crack next time. We are still in the learning stages of setting up and running the new bonze dredge in a decent position
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 6:38pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Nice, very nice.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 6:50pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

and Bonze is going to be at the boat show with YEEHAA again this year and I sure this would be a very good chance for guys to ask the man himself about the new system.

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 6:54pm
daveo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Smashing it fellas!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote six guns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 8:12pm
six guns View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

So 2 fish from 7 bites over 3 days
skull draging and taging
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fsholc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:13pm
fsholc View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by HugoMaclean HugoMaclean wrote:

My turn this weekend please! Haha

Yeah bro hope this weather sorts its self out and we can go for a fish!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fsholc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:18pm
fsholc View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by six guns six guns wrote:

So 2 fish from 7 bites over 3 days

yeah mate went 8-7-2 on stripes 
we did miss some good fish due to trying new hooks but that is what we are trying to find out so we make the mistakes and once sorted can pass on 
plus we spent half a day sword dropping which we had 2 bites and got tight on one fish 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fsholc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:20pm
fsholc View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by JoshW JoshW wrote:

Come on Yeehaa you're a fishing shop...help him out ....Wink

Thanks joshW! yeah tony WinkLOL
yeah mate im just using what i have as i cant afford to buy more outfits and i like the bent butts for my corner rods as we run them in the riggers and stops the line running on the short and long rigger lines 
plus double as sword rods!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:10am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great report guy, sounds like a good system, interesting that you are calling those as small lures I would say more like a medium size, although you may be referring to them as small lures within Bonzes range of lures.

Luke maybe if you did more work rather than fishing you could afford those new outfits - LOL  (me just jealous really) - do as much fishing as you can when you are young as it won't happen when you are older unless you are very lucky)
Page  12>